Finnish M27 VKT 1935

"Special", rarer, and "hard to find" Mosins

For your browsing pleasure.
bb91

Finnish M27 VKT 1935

Post by bb91 »

Discussion Section

Hey guy's, I thought there might be some interest in this rifle.

While there were many M27's produced for the Finnish army from 1927 thru 1940 only a small portion were produced by the "State Rifle Factory" or VKT (Valmet).

In fact my understanding is that approximately 2550 were made in total by that factory, 2150 being built in 1932 and 400 being produced in 1935.

I have seen pictures of one rifle produced by VKT in 1934, however unfortunately this is not it :)

This is one of the 400 produced in 1935.

Additional interesting features are:

The milled out rear sight base window, which was not the method used on the majority of the rear sights when changing the sight graduations from arshins to meters.

This later built M27 rifle does not have the "improved" rear sight aperture blade even though it has the upgraded or reinforced nose cone.

The multi-piece (possibly field expediant) sling I believe to be a combination of an original M27 sling and part of an M28 sling, it was either in or absorbed by the Finnish Army and thus so marked with the army [SA] it is attached to the rifle with two Finnish sling loops that are also SA and T marked.

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy the pic.s.

A little better view of the sling and loops.

The bore shot.

Discussion Section