Barrel refinishing........

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
ffuries

Barrel refinishing........

Post by ffuries »

Ok, I've been offered a US military, C MP B marked pencil barrel for my AR15 (USAF 604) build. Which I would be stupid to pass up, had the triangle end cap for the handguards and the FSB and 3 prong flash hider.

The last few inches (Basically the exposed portion) of the barrel the finish is well worn. Everywhere else on the barrel it had a nice dark factory finish.

Is there anyway to dress this portion of the barrel up, or am I looking at a complete refinish of the barrel? Any suggestions on what to use or how to do it?
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
steelbuttplate

Re: Barrel refinishing........

Post by steelbuttplate »

ffuries wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:47 pm Ok, I've been offered a US military, C MP B marked pencil barrel for my AR15 (USAF 604) build. Which I would be stupid to pass up, had the triangle end cap for the handguards and the FSB and 3 prong flash hider.

The last few inches (Basically the exposed portion) of the barrel the finish is well worn. Everywhere else on the barrel it had a nice dark factory finish.

Is there anyway to dress this portion of the barrel up, or am I looking at a complete refinish of the barrel? Any suggestions on what to use or how to do it?
There are too many AR finishes to guess , :cam2.gif: needed for the best answer.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
ffuries

Re: Barrel refinishing........

Post by ffuries »

steelbuttplate wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:34 am
ffuries wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:47 pm Ok, I've been offered a US military, C MP B marked pencil barrel for my AR15 (USAF 604) build. Which I would be stupid to pass up, had the triangle end cap for the handguards and the FSB and 3 prong flash hider.

There are too many AR finishes to guess , :cam2.gif: needed for the best answer.
Duh, I forgot the pics. The pics are from the person who's hooking me up with it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member