Thoughts on R guns chinese military tokarevs

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
srtjeeplover95

Thoughts on R guns chinese military tokarevs

Post by srtjeeplover95 »

Hello,
What is everyone thoughts on the new R guns chinese tokarevs? May buy a few of them and preserve them in cosmoline and a can for future generations.

One to shoot too :tongue:

Thoughts for the price of $350 ea? Look very very nice
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Thoughts on R guns chinese military tokarevs

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It would be better if they were Soviet, or from one of the buffer countries. I am sure the Chinese ones are made the same, but right now my opinion of the communist Chinese is lower than hammered shit. It was never that high to begin with, but since Covid.....
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
srtjeeplover95

Post by srtjeeplover95 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:15 pm It would be better if they were Soviet, or from one of the buffer countries. I am sure the Chinese ones are made the same, but right now my opinion of the communist Chinese is lower than hammered shit. It was never that high to begin with, but since Covid.....

Interesting? What do the soviets usually run?

Thanks
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

As we now live in interesting times there is no longer a " normal" price range on most firearms and ammo. You could try gunbroker.com and see if anyone is selling them. If your dealer has them for 350 then I guess that is the price. Around here it isn't what firearm you want and how much it goes for, it's whatever is left, and whatever you have to pay for it. I don't see that sellers market ending anytime soon for anything that can shoot.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
srtjeeplover95

Post by srtjeeplover95 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:58 pm As we now live in interesting times there is no longer a " normal" price range on most firearms and ammo. You could try gunbroker.com and see if anyone is selling them. If your dealer has them for 350 then I guess that is the price. Around here it isn't what firearm you want and how much it goes for, it's whatever is left, and whatever you have to pay for it. I don't see that sellers market ending anytime soon for anything that can shoot.

That is too cool. I collect German stuff. I love the history. If you ever want to part with that guy let me know.
srtjeeplover95

Post by srtjeeplover95 »

srtjeeplover95 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:08 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:58 pm As we now live in interesting times there is no longer a " normal" price range on most firearms and ammo. You could try gunbroker.com and see if anyone is selling them. If your dealer has them for 350 then I guess that is the price. Around here it isn't what firearm you want and how much it goes for, it's whatever is left, and whatever you have to pay for it. I don't see that sellers market ending anytime soon for anything that can shoot.

That is too cool. I collect German stuff. I love the history. If you ever want to part with that guy let me know.

Interesting I didn't think chinese tokarevs where very common. I ordered one as it will fit in my vietnam collection 😀 can't find any soviet ones

I was going to order a romanian but they are all over.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

What German stuff? This was about Tok pistols. The Chinese dumped so much stuff here in the early 90's I don't remember it all, but I would think we have seen these type pistols before from just about everyone. I haven't kept track.
Theodore Roosevelt
srtjeeplover95

Post by srtjeeplover95 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:07 am

What German stuff? This was about Tok pistols. The Chinese dumped so much stuff here in the early 90's I don't remember it all, but I would think we have seen these type pistols before from just about everyone. I haven't kept track.

Interesting. That post was suppose to be for that beretta post I made. You showed me a bloody k98 bayonet? If you ever want to sell that let me know .I love battle damaged weapons especially German :)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You would love the K98k with shrapnel scars on the stock. Everything has a not for sale price, you just have to figure out how much that is.
Theodore Roosevelt
srtjeeplover95

Post by srtjeeplover95 »

Yessir I would. I have one with scars too. Metal still in mine