Classic firearms Mosin Nagants as low as $189

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
GT_80

Classic firearms Mosin Nagants as low as $189

Post by GT_80 »

Having trouble finding the correct link from my phone... Bear with me

*Link expired*

At least they’re not all $329 and up like the last batch... large selection this time around...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by GT_80 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
1935r Izhevsk hex receiver 91/30, serial number 407, laminated stock
1942r Izhevsk round receiver 91/30 re-arsenal "parts built" gun
1944r Izhevsk round receiver M44 very smooth action
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Classic firearms Mosin Nagants as low as $189

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I am seeing $239, by the way, Classic is not paying for advertising here, very unfair to those who are paying to advertise here. I had issues with them years ago that I have not forgotten. They are easy enough to find with google for those who like to roll the dice and hope their rifle isn't being tossed in a box with no packing by the FNG in shipping they hired yesterday.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
N1ck534

Post by N1ck534 »

I’ve never bought a Mosin from Classic, but I’ve heard bad reviews. Anyone here ever buy from them?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

N1ck534 wrote:I’ve never bought a Mosin from Classic, but I’ve heard bad reviews. Anyone here ever buy from them?
As the above post would indicate, yes, I have bought from them years ago. I bought two near perfect refurb rifles of the day, hex receiver ex dragoon 91/30's. Both were tossed in one box with a single sheet of brown paper between them. Needless to say 1000 miles of UPS later the results were not optimal. They blamed it on some FNG down in shipping. Then they started chrome plating various milsurps for the wannabe Saddam Hussein's among us, that went over like a fart in church with the crown on here.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
N1ck534

Post by N1ck534 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
N1ck534 wrote:I’ve never bought a Mosin from Classic, but I’ve heard bad reviews. Anyone here ever buy from them?
As the above post would indicate, yes, I have bought from them years ago. I bought two near perfect refurb rifles of the day, hex receiver ex dragoon 91/30's. Both were tossed in one box with a single sheet of brown paper between them. Needless to say 1000 miles of UPS later the results were not optimal. They blamed it on some FNG down in shipping. Then they started chrome plating various milsurps for the wannabe Saddam Hussein's among us, that went over like a fart in church with the crown on here.
Sad to hear that, they’re one of the only online dealers I know that’s seems to be able to get their hands on Mosins. I guess I won’t be buying from them anytime soon.

That was 12 years back, at that time everyone had Mosins and lots of them. I needed the specific arsenals and dates for my year by year 91/30 collection. They blamed UPS and told me to collect the insurance, the guy down in shipping must not have put enough paper....yea. I still have the rifles, ex dragoon dates were harder to find even then.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I have bought several a few yrs. ago when you could pick them up at their warehouse.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

False advertising brought on by greed and lack of research is Classic Firearms. They advertise several different models of Dragoons for sale, not ex Dragoons but flat out Dragoons. Those are the ones disguised in form of 91/30's with Dragoon sights which makes the worth $150.00 more than a common 91/30.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
GT_80

Post by GT_80 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I am seeing $239, by the way, Classic is not paying for advertising here, very unfair to those who are paying to advertise here. I had issues with them years ago that I have not forgotten. They are easy enough to find with google for those who like to roll the dice and hope their rifle isn't being tossed in a box with no packing by the FNG in shipping they hired yesterday.
The listing had "-$50" for poor conditions. Sorry if my listing from their website is frowned upon, I saw other threads with links to their pages ripping their high prices before so, I thought some would be interested to see a large lot with some low prices.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

AIM surplus has some round receiver refurb M91/30's; they want $299.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

GT_80 wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:I am seeing $239, by the way, Classic is not paying for advertising here, very unfair to those who are paying to advertise here. I had issues with them years ago that I have not forgotten. They are easy enough to find with google for those who like to roll the dice and hope their rifle isn't being tossed in a box with no packing by the FNG in shipping they hired yesterday.
The listing had "-$50" for poor conditions. Sorry if my listing from their website is frowned upon, I saw other threads with links to their pages ripping their high prices before so, I thought some would be interested to see a large lot with some low prices.
I don't always have time to read every post on the board, work, and other issues at the moment are taking up way too much of my time, but I do eliminate links when I notice them. It's just a matter of principal, people pay to advertise here, I try to make sure their competition doesn't get the same service for free. I don't think anyone here would be drunk, or stupid enough to buy one of the overpriced rifles anyway.
Theodore Roosevelt
GT_80

Post by GT_80 »

Understood, I’m still learning as I go here. This forum is very different from most I’m on, I’m trying to stay within the purist rules, and just enjoy the content :)

Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

It has nothing to do with being a purist or not. I has to do with being fair to those advertisers that chose to pay good money to support this forum.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

I just posted a less than 5 star , 4 star post on the Iver Johonson 10mm because the rear sight was not staked and came off in my hands, that's not terrible just a little sloppy, I would not send it back for that I can fix it, but so far they have not posted the review. bought an m39 Sako before the disappeared with a cracked stock for $325, the crack turned out to be nonstructural and the rifle was vg plus, that was probably two or more years ago from Classic. I considered myself lucky on that one.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

locomotiveguy wrote:I just posted a less than 5 star , 4 star post on the Iver Johonson 10mm because the rear sight was not staked and came off in my hands, that's not terrible just a little sloppy, I would not send it back for that I can fix it, but so far they have not posted the review. bought an m39 Sako before the disappeared with a cracked stock for $325, the crack turned out to be nonstructural and the rifle was vg plus, that was probably two or more years ago from Classic. I considered myself lucky on that one.
My complaint was long and loud, the response was basically we don't give a shit, contact UPS, or in your case the manufacturer is likely what you will hear if anything at all.
Theodore Roosevelt
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

It isn't worth sending back when I can be fixed, is fixed in 5 minutes, life keeps getting more stupidly complicated....
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

I wrote them a note and they put up the review.
retpsp

Post by retpsp »

I did a 'fair' review on a rifle I bought and it was never posted. Also, sometimes "hand picked" may not be as good as you would like them to be. I have found that buying surplus on link is taking your chances. Most times the price will get me.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

retpsp wrote:I did a 'fair' review on a rifle I bought and it was never posted. Also, sometimes "hand picked" may not be as good as you would like them to be. I have found that buying surplus on link is taking your chances. Most times the price will get me.
When you buy a military surplus rifle never expect to get more than a well worn, and half shot out example of military history that will print a shotgun like group at 50 yards on the target. You will often get better, but maybe not, and never listen to the bullshit retail sellers tell you. You are better off dealing with the smaller outfits who detail what they have more clearly, and have a bigger stake in your return business, even if you have to pay a bit more.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

GT_80 wrote:Understood, I’m still learning as I go here. This forum is very different from most I’m on, I’m trying to stay within the purist rules, and just enjoy the content :)

This forum is different. That is why we have come here for years.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
retpsp

Post by retpsp »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
retpsp wrote:I did a 'fair' review on a rifle I bought and it was never posted. Also, sometimes "hand picked" may not be as good as you would like them to be. I have found that buying surplus on link is taking your chances. Most times the price will get me.
When you buy a military surplus rifle never expect to get more than a well worn, and half shot out example of military history that will print a shotgun like group at 50 yards on the target. You will often get better, but maybe not, and never listen to the bullshit retail sellers tell you. You are better off dealing with the smaller outfits who detail what they have more clearly, and have a bigger stake in your return business, even if you have to pay a bit more.
Spot on! My M44 came from a private source and the plan is to keep it very original with, perhaps better original parts than it now has. I love the quest of maintaining a rifle that is almost as old as I am.