Soviet Badges from drunken sailor days

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
Navy ret

Soviet Badges from drunken sailor days

Post by Navy ret »

Hope I got the image attached. Aww
IMG_20180609_203638.jpg
i
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Soviet Badges from drunken sailor days

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the board, cool collection. I remember when the USSR shit the bed, by 1993 every flea market in the country was flooded with this stuff. If I had gun money that wasn't spent that weekend I would buy some of it, now it's all worth two cents but selling for hundreds of dollars. Someplace buried in the closet I have an entire display box full of it. There was just a stunning amount of crap being sold, I hear the CIA even bought a tank.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Wish I had bought more of the stuff when the wall came down, but I was a young E-4 Sgt with a wife and kids. Making sure the bills and car were paid off before coming back to the US was my number one priority. Bought a new car in Jan 90 and had it paid off by Jan 92, wife bought her shrunk before we left Germany also.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Brucifer

Post by Brucifer »

Barq's Root Beer had a promotion where you could get old Soviet stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTXnOubIWOk

https://elvenspacehelmet.wordpress.com/ ... iet-stuff/

Back when I had my Ural motorcycle, I was on a bit of a Russian kick and bought some Ushankas (Ushanai?) and assorted medals, including a Order of the Red Star. Have the fabric and the board, just need the gumption to get a display set up.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

I do have a Grenztruppen Der DDR uniform that I brought back from Germany, along with some other stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Brucifer

Post by Brucifer »

I think I would poop myself a little bit every night I came into that room when it was dark and saw that.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I have some of the same kind of stuff from my drunken ebay days. I don't have a clue what most of the stuff is and for all I know it was made in China for the ebay market. The good thing is, I have almost no money in the stuff. If anyone recognizes any of these as "interesting" let me know.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote:I have some of the same kind of stuff from my drunken ebay days. I don't have a clue what most of the stuff is and for all I know it was made in China for the ebay market. The good thing is, I have almost no money in the stuff. If anyone recognizes any of these as "interesting" let me know.
Cockade with wings and propeller is a Civil Aviation one.
The cloth wings are Civil Aviation Wings.
The top Cockade is for Soviet (Military) Police, I have a Ushanka with this badge.
The NTO Cockade a Railroad Vocational School Student one and goes with below badge.
The wings with the cross hammer and wrench Railroad Vocational School Student hat badge.

Hell individual pics of each one and I could probably ID more of them.
Last edited by ffuries on Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Brucifer wrote:I think I would poop myself a little bit every night I came into that room when it was dark and saw that.
We named him Dieter........He has a brother named Peter that currently lives in the closet, awaiting a uniform.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

My favorite relic of the Soviet bear...the full 20 rifle crate.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Image
Hey JYD do you need to the correct spelling of my name and address for your will. Love the badges, uniform and etc. Not asking to be named in the will for the guns, just the badges, uniforms etc.

:big shock:

The tunic is from the  Felix Dzerzhinsky Guards Regiment a specialized motorized rifle regiment
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I wasn't collecting uniforms, just that DDR jacket and a set of DDR boots with overcoat. The badges are just some of what I happened to pick up at the time, 1992-93, a few later on. This stuff was dirt cheap, and all over the place. One good thing about buying it back then is I know 100% that it's all original stuff, not repop , nobody was making the repops yet back then. I have some helmets , two Soviet portable phonographs, and a lot more DDR field gear than is pictured here. Will? Everybody knows I am leaving it all to the cat, you would do better to invest in Fancy Feast cat food and start bribing the cat.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I wasn't collecting uniforms, just that DDR jacket and a set of DDR boots with overcoat. The badges are just some of what I happened to pick up at the time, 1992-93, a few later on. This stuff was dirt cheap, and all over the place. One good thing about buying it back then is I know 100% that it's all original stuff, not repop , nobody was making the repops yet back then. I have some helmets , two Soviet portable phonographs, and a lot more DDR field gear than is pictured here. Will? Everybody knows I am leaving it all to the cat, you would do better to invest in Fancy Feast cat food and start bribing the cat.
Your visor cap is post Cold War and appears to be a Russian Federation Navy cap.

Hell I'll adopt your cat, he come hang out with our cat.........
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The seller who had tables full of Soviet crap told me that somebody stole the cap from a Moscow restaurant and sold it to his supplier. At that time cash was needed badly and anything not firmly attached to something was being shipped out of the country and sold. Later the Russians made laws about selling the countries heritage and the mafia took over smuggling out crap until it started being faked in Ukraine.
Theodore Roosevelt