TC Hawkins 50 cal.

If it fires black powder, it is discussed here.
Jbob

TC Hawkins 50 cal.

Post by Jbob »

A couple more Thompson Center rifles. I've never fired these yet, maybe some day I'll have a mantel to hang them on.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: TC Hawkins 50 cal.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Jukar Spain? Looks just like the CVA .50 I had in the 80's, nice solid rifles. :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Jukar Spain? Looks just like the CVA .50 I had in the 80's, nice solid rifles. :)
I'm not sure Jim, are all Thompson Centers made in the USA or not ?
These would be near 20 years old or more. They're buried back so deep now I'll probably not see them until next years cleaning.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

No those are not Jukars. TC are made in USA, and youhave a very nice pair of Hawkens. Are they both 50 calibers? I can't even imagine never firing them for the last 20 years. How did you come by them? These have a little more barrel length then the Renegade. Hard to believe they would be any more accurate though. The Renegade is spot on as a great shooter.
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

bunkysdad wrote:No those are not Jukars. TC are made in USA, and youhave a very nice pair of Hawkens. Are they both 50 calibers? I can't even imagine never firing them for the last 20 years. How did you come by them? These have a little more barrel length then the Renegade. Hard to believe they would be any more accurate though. The Renegade is spot on as a great shooter.
Believe it or not I won one of these rifles off of a tip board many years ago that I hardly ever play and the other was received as a gift from my father in law. So I guess I might have about 2 dollars in both rifles. :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It closely resembles my first .50 Hawken purchased from Service Merchandise in 1978, that one was definitely Spain, it also resembles the Italian made one I found last year at the flea market, but then all Hawken replicas will follow the same basic design.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt