Here comes the rain again

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
SA1911a1

Here comes the rain again

Post by SA1911a1 »

Sending me inside. I bet we have gotten an average of 3/4" a day for the last month. Every afternoon and some mornings, the thunder storms are rolling through, some mild some that will scare 'ya with the lightning. My place is a jungle. I wish we could share some of our excess water with some of the places that are suffering so bad for lack of it.

Lightning is taking on a new meaning to me since my homeowner's insurance ended the day before yesterday. The crooks that sell insurance in Fl. have decided they can treat their customers any kind of way, make any kinds of demands, so, from now forward, I am self insuring. They demanded that I replace a perfectly good roof, and then wouldn't quote me a price for the ins. if I did. Some of them are canceling insurance on any home over 15 years old.... F%^& 'em, and he whores they rode in on. If my house burns or blows away, I will replace it with a smaller house. My wife and I started off in an 800 square ft., one bath,2 bedroom house and we could finish up in one.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
tomaustin

Re: Here comes the rain again

Post by tomaustin »

REBUILD ON STILTS....

an 800 sq ft house would be a blessing with all my space and hassle to keep the walking lanes open..!!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Start building an ark. Better yet move north to higher elevation, I hear Florida will be under water soon anyhow.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

There's gonna be gators, big lizards, and diamondbacks when you go back out. Better take a pump shotgun the first time out. :shifty:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Fuck the shotgun, with that shit crawling out of the swamp you need an APC with Ma Duce, or maybe a 20mm cannon, couple of chain guns, Law launcher, and a shit ton of claymores.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:18 pm Start building an ark. Better yet move north to higher elevation, I hear Florida will be under water soon anyhow.
No Ark worries. I am about 300' above sea level and live on the top of a hill. Wind and fire are different issues. Of course most of the population of the state live at near sea level. The highest point in Miami-Dade is their trash mound. (Mount Trashmore they call it) Besides that, when Miami floods, it will take more New Yorkers than real Floridians anyway! Native Floridians don't live a the beach, we know better.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SA1911a1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:08 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:18 pm Start building an ark. Better yet move north to higher elevation, I hear Florida will be under water soon anyhow.
No Ark worries. I am about 300' above sea level and live on the top of a hill. Wind and fire are different issues. Of course most of the population of the state live at near sea level. The highest point in Miami-Dade is their trash mound. (Mount Trashmore they call it) Besides that, when Miami floods, it will take more New Yorkers than real Floridians anyway! Native Floridians don't live a the beach, we know better.
We have been encouraging the NYC riffraff to move to Miami for decades. We also tell them to smear themselves with meat jelly before going swimming in the ocean, but that suggestion doesn't always take.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:35 pm Sending me inside. I bet we have gotten an average of 3/4" a day for the last month. Every afternoon and some mornings, the thunder storms are rolling through, some mild some that will scare 'ya with the lightning. My place is a jungle. I wish we could share some of our excess water with some of the places that are suffering so bad for lack of it.

Lightning is taking on a new meaning to me since my homeowner's insurance ended the day before yesterday. The crooks that sell insurance in Fl. have decided they can treat their customers any kind of way, make any kinds of demands, so, from now forward, I am self insuring. They demanded that I replace a perfectly good roof, and then wouldn't quote me a price for the ins. if I did. Some of them are canceling insurance on any home over 15 years old.... F%^& 'em, and he whores they rode in on. If my house burns or blows away, I will replace it with a smaller house. My wife and I started off in an 800 square ft., one bath,2 bedroom house and we could finish up in one.
I could live the rest of my life in a big Airstream with a screened in deck, If my house got destroyed somehow.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:36 pm
SA1911a1 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:35 pm Sending me inside. I bet we have gotten an average of 3/4" a day for the last month. Every afternoon and some mornings, the thunder storms are rolling through, some mild some that will scare 'ya with the lightning. My place is a jungle. I wish we could share some of our excess water with some of the places that are suffering so bad for lack of it.

I could live the rest of my life in a big Airstream with a screened in deck, If my house got destroyed somehow.
I lived alone for about 4 months in an Airstream, I was perfectly comfortable. I don't know about living with someone else in one. There is no doubt that they are the best thought out compact living space I have ever seen. I wish that I had never sold it, but I just didn't want to pull the the 500 miles back home when I left Miami.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum