Reloading Inventory

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
awalker1829

Reloading Inventory

Post by awalker1829 »

With the COVID and supply shortages ongoing, I’ve been reviewing my inventory and am planning my buying for the next year. Got some powders that I’ll need to get 8 pound kegs for-all rifle powders. I have enough handgun powder to last me another year. I’ll be buying bullets in bulk. Only items I’m low on are small pistol primers and small rifle primers. I’ll probably bite the proverbial bullet and buy a case of them. Down to 1,500 small pistol primers and just under 1,000 small rifle primers. I’ve got 3,000 large pistol primers and 7,000+ large rifle primers-all in storage.

Given the prices and availability of items, I’ll go after the powder and primers as soon as opportunities present themselves and pick up bullets periodically-buying in bulk.
Ironnewt

Re: Reloading Inventory

Post by Ironnewt »

That's the way to go. A couple of buddies and I reload so we buy in bulk and split the cost of the Haz Mat fee.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Ironnewt wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:57 am That's the way to go. A couple of buddies and I reload so we buy in bulk and split the cost of the Haz Mat fee.
I just buy in bulk to get the lower unit price. That and I usually have more stuff than I have immediate need for. I've been shooting almost every weekend and haven't had to give much thought to how much material I need. I have at least 5,000 pieces of 9mm Luger brass sitting in my storage bins, waiting to be reloaded. When I get bulk shipments in, I break them into bags of 100 components each. Then when I want to reload, I just grab an equal number of bags and start reloading.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

That's a good idea
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Lot of powder on hand, I hope you have a good bunker for it. One little fire and you could end up orbiting the moon.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Rest assured that it is stored safely. Everything is stored in a climate controlled environment away from any possible ignition source. That’s essential here in southern Arizona given the extreme temperature changes we experience in winter on a daily basis.