Memorial Day 2020

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Memorial Day 2020

Post by ffuries »

A little late, been under the weather.......

Memorial Day appropriate video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... G3izg9FXEE

MEMORIAL DAY 2020

As we all set about getting to where we are going this Memorial Day weekend, with the freedom to celebrate as we wish, let’s take a minute to remember the cost of that freedom. Since 19 April 1775 when the “Colonists” entered into war with Britain, approximately 1,354,664 “Americans” have given their lives for this nation, with an additional 40,031 still uaccounted for, so in reality that number is approximately 1,394,695. That number does not include the number of innocent civilians killed by terrorist attacks, or as collateral damage.

These Americans have come in all colors, races, religions, and sexes, some hadn’t even become US citizens yet, but died for us, so I considered them to be Americans just the same. Some of us know someone who was killed fighting for and defending this freedom. Whether it was a long ago or recent relative, neighbor, coworker, parent, child, etc, we are not immune to the price paid. 

Think about it, over 1.3 Million Americans have shed their blood, dying on domestic and foreign battlefields. Battlefields the world over are stained by American blood. As in the past, today we have families that have an empty seat at the table and for them family gatherings will never be the same. For a lot of them Memorial Day is spent gathering around a gravesite sharing stories of their “Hero” while shedding tears. In reality they are not just their heroes, they should be and are ours also.

So regardless of where or how you spend your “Hard Earned” 3 day weekend, remember the price paid, how many lives lost before they really started. Remember FREEDOM is not FREE, and has been paid for by those who loved us, loved this country, and loved life, the same life they gave for us. 

The battle for freedom is never truly over, let their sacrifices not be forgotten, let the price of freedom not be forgotten, let them not be forgotten.

May God bless our nation and those who have protected it to their deaths. Everyone have a great and safe Memorial Day weekend, and remember to take a moment of silence to reflect upon the price paid for freedom and to remember and thank those whom paid for this holiday with their lives, America’s war dead!
Last edited by ffuries on Mon May 25, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Memorial Day 2020

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:USA Flag: :USA Flag: :USA Flag:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Well said Mike.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Rowdy1

Post by Rowdy1 »

Amen!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Nice one, Mike.

Did you guys see me in the picture of the crowded swimming pool that was all over the net? That is me with my arm around the buxom blonde bombshell. It was a memorial day. I must have stayed wet too long, I have been sneezing this morning.....;)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum