Remington 1100

Everything shotgun discussed here.
ffuries

Remington 1100

Post by ffuries »

My father bought this in 1975 when we were stationed at Mountain Home AFB Idaho. It's your basic Remington 1100, I inherited it Sept 2011 a week or so before he passed away. It was stored in lest than desirable conditions for a few years before I inherited it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Re: Remington 1100

Post by ffuries »

Rest of the pictures:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

One of our NY guns, nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:One of our NY guns, nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Funny story about this gun....When I first brought it home from my dads I was trying to figure out how to disassemble it to clean it up. My wife came out to the garage about an 1/2 an hour later and watched me for about 10-15 minutes trying to figure it out still.

She takes the gun from me, and before I could blink she had a pile of parts on the table. She said there now you can clean it, and when you are done you can call me to put it back together for you, unless you think you can manage. My defense I never broke it down before, and never broke one down before. She ran Sporting Goods at Wal-Mart and use to put these things together all the time. Oh, and by-the-way I now know how to disassemble it down to the screws and reassemble it with no issues.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The internet, a quick look there and you would have had the necessary information in a minute or less. There are at least 11 videos on youtube showing the procedure :chuckles:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
entropy

Post by entropy »

ffuries wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:One of our NY guns, nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Funny story about this gun....When I first brought it home from my dads I was trying to figure out how to disassemble it to clean it up. My wife came out to the garage about an 1/2 an hour later and watched me for about 10-15 minutes trying to figure it out still.

She takes the gun from me, and before I could blink she had a pile of parts on the table. She said there now you can clean it, and when you are done you can call me to put it back together for you, unless you think you can manage. My defense I never broke it down before, and never broke one down before. She ran Sporting Goods at Wal-Mart and use to put these things together all the time. Oh, and by-the-way I now know how to disassemble it down to the screws and reassemble it with no issues.
:lol:

Guess she showed you! :chuckles:

I could disassemble and reassemble one in my sleep....an 1100 is how I got my start gunsmithing.

Nice 1100 and great memories, I'm sure! :thumbsup:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Killed my first duck with an 1100, a loner from my BIL on my first duck hunt.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
billybob123

Post by billybob123 »

They're great guns. I think I have like 6 of them. That's all we use for hunting. I believe my oldest one is 51 years old and I still hunt with it every year. This year I changed out the action spring on every one of them so I am looking forward to getting out with them and breaking in the new springs.