French MAS 45 .22 trainer

Rim Fire Firearms
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

The Mas 45... the French version of the German KKW, even made on the same equipment and uses the same magazine. During the occupation of Oberndorf, the French used Mauser Banner Recievers on the examples that were made, when they left, they hauled off all the tooling, parts for this and some other guns as well. MAS banner rifles were made post war, this one based off the cursive serial prefix would be built after '51 in date, if made before it would be a Roman block style letter. The barrel is pretty hefty and 24 inches long, total weight is around 8 pounds . The sling is also French near as I can tell, basically a scaled down MAS 36 sling. Given the amount of goop in the barrel and around the rear sight, I'd dare say it possibly hasn't been fired since import.

This one I bought is missing the front sight blade and front sight protector, gave me a little bartering room. :D A friend of mine suggested the front sight blade and hood off of a Cz 452, until the correct parts could be found. As I'm finding out, these original parts are proving very, very difficult to find. The French had 5 different front sight blades.

The rear sight is an aperture peep style and adjustable for windage and elevation.

Here is what I was talking about with the front sight, and I hope it doesn’t violate any rules :? given the extreme rarity of replacement parts, this fix is only temporary.
The front sight base is setup for swappable blades, the front button is the latch. Shown is the way I bought it, and with the Cz front sight inserted, which slipped in and locked in place without any alterations and is easily removable. It should work as a temporary fix and at least make it usable until the correct blade/hood can be acquired. The Cz sight hood, not pictured, fits the hood grooves almost perfect width wise, but is about 1/4 inch too long, and will require a little more work.

I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Nice rifle. I have one of the Mauser Banner ones. It's the most accurate .22 trainer I have owned. For parts check the French Board at that other forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: French MAS 45 .22 trainer

Post by Longcolt44 »

I had a Norinco Mauser .22 trainer but it went to live with millman in Kentucky. You will have to bribe him to see more.
Norinco Mauser 002.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: French MAS 45 .22 trainer

Post by millman »

The Norinco is dressed up as a mauser, but it seems to have more in common with the BRNO #1. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20392&p=307519&hili ... co#p307519
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis