id help please

If it fires black powder, it is discussed here.
desdem12

Re: id help please

Post by desdem12 »

These use musket nipples. They are bigger then the regular nipples and take a musket nipple wrench. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

what size cap then?do you use a 209?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Musket caps. 209 is just a shotgun primer and only for inline rifles. There are no.11 and no.10 and then musket. Musket nipples and caps are the biggest of all of them. If you are in a store you will see the difference. They should have all of the types except maybe no.10. I use musket caps on a lot of my side lock rifles. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Cool looking musket! Crazy what you find in the trash sometimes.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

What are you gonna trade him? This would definitely be a fun one to save, and start shooting. Those mini balls were devastating on men too, nasty business during the Civil War.
Celt

Post by Celt »

I'm going to offer him a makita sawzall
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Sounds like a good trade to me. :crossedfingers: It looks like it would be a fun shooter.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Celt

Post by Celt »

thanks for the fingers! :D
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Definitely. That sounds fair all the way around. Hope it all works out.
Celt

Post by Celt »

thanks. kind of just fell in my lap.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

he's set on selling....i get half. I'm cleaning it up and will test fire with cap and powder. i listed it on armslist for 200. any thoughts?
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Should sell easy if it is not rusted too much in the barrel. I looked up some and they averaged about 300-325 on sold rifles. Didn't pay anyattention to date though. :D