Spanish Civil War M91/30 Mosin

"Special", rarer, and "hard to find" Mosins

For your browsing pleasure.
Greasemonkey

Spanish Civil War M91/30 Mosin

Post by Greasemonkey »

Discussion Section

This is a '35 Tula Spanish Civil War Mosin. Most of these came in to the country in the early '60's. The import mark is simply, Made in U.S.S.R. stamped on the receiver, some were stamped Made in U.R.R.S., typo or not, the debate continues. It also has two other SCW traits, a remaining rear wire sling hanger and a heavily sanded stock. The wire type sling hangers are known to break when rebent for removal, which is possibly what happened to the front one. The stock as you will see is very rough and course, the forestock is sanded enough that the barrel bands are loose, the front is only held in place by the spring latch. Absolutely nothing matches on this rifle, which I understand due to Spain's armoury is normal also. It is also common to find a blade style front sight and a handguard with no metal end caps on these, but the standard M91/30 front sight can be found also. The SCW Mosins dated '36 and '37, based on what I have been told, were taken directly off the production lines and shipped to Spain, there are however a few with known with dates earlier.

This Spanish Civil War lasted from July of '36 to April of'39. The Soviets along with Mexico supported the Republican Government, Nazi Germany, Italy and Portugal supported the Nationalists. In the end, the Nationalists won over the Republicans. Also, the Republicans were persecuted by the Nationalists at the end of the battle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.