Anyone else getting in on the Round 4 CMP 1911 sale?

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
RazorBurn

Anyone else getting in on the Round 4 CMP 1911 sale?

Post by RazorBurn »

I found the Civilian Marksmanship Program's 1911 Sale to be a great deal back when they did Round 1 in 2018. I received a super nice Service Grade Remington Rand M1911A1 in October 2019 when my turn came. I'd always hoped they'd open it back up for people who'd previously gotten one. They opened up this current Round 4 that's good until the end of the month to previous purchasers. I sent in a order packet, and I'll go for a Field or Rack Grade this time hoping I can get an old M1911.

Has anyone else jumped on any of the CMP 1911 sales? Just like their M1 Garand sales I personally think it's hard to beat for an legit USGI weapon.

https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/1911-information/

Picture of my Remington Rand that I received back in 2019. It's one of my favorites in my collection.
IMG_2362.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Anyone else getting in on the Round 4 CMP 1911 sale?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I got a birthday this year, Christmas maybe? Somebody buying me one would make me very happy, I might even break out the good cookies. :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

I received my Round 4 CMP Field Grade today. It's a Colt frame with a Remington Rand slide. I haven't pulled it apart yet, but I'd bet it has a correct barrel in it too. Barrel looks great too with strong lands and grooves. Finish looks Du-Lite to me, and it definitely isn't parkerized. I'm real happy with this one, and I think it pairs well with my Service Grade Remington Rand I received on the first CMP round back in 2019.
20231130_173638_resized.jpg
20231130_173703_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Took an outdoors picture yesterday evening of my CMP Field Grade I posted above. For the money I think it's hard to beat the CMP for a genuine USGI rifle or pistol.