More learning about leather

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
SA1911a1

More learning about leather

Post by SA1911a1 »

Today was another smoker outside. After noon I was playing with my handguns and realized that my Smith 1903 was without a holster. I farted around for about an hour making a pattern then went to work on it. This is my first holster from scratch. My daughter had given me a starter leather tool kit for Father's day; before that I had no interest, but I am finding it to be fun. The basics are simple, but I can see that technique is going to take a lot of hide.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: More learning about leather

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Not bad. I have gotten away from holsters of late in favor of pocket carry, but then I don't go out among the savages much. Here at home I can carry something in my hands all day if I want. I got tired of belts being dragged down by weight, trying to find a good sitting position with all sorts of crap on my belt. I have all sorts of small, but powerful stuff that fits in my pockets very well. Savage looking to rob me may think I'm playing pocket pool while I wrap my hand around the stock of a howitzer that's going to put a hole in it's head like the Lincoln fucking tunnel. Flap holsters were always my favorite, but this is not an open carry state. With a flap holster I give three warnings, unsnapping the flap is the first warning, drawing the weapon is the second, lining up the front site is the third, there is no fourth warning.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

That’s pretty cool, great job!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Leatherman Wave leather belt pouches. There is at least one guy on eBay selling a heavy duty version of these, I think I paid near $40. These are needed because the factory ones don't hold up long term. None of the multitool makers belt pouches hold up well long term, too lightly built for people who actually use these tools 20-50 times a day. Might be a good side hustle for you.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Here are two more. The one with the restraining strap in front of the hammer is for people who are paranoid about carrying cocked and locked. The other one is more my style.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum