Pilot who shot down Chinese Balloon.

Laughs!
Sonny

Pilot who shot down Chinese Balloon.

Post by Sonny »

I know politics is frowned upon here but this is friggin funny. :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SA1911a1

Re: Pilot who shot down Chinese Balloon.

Post by SA1911a1 »

Sonny.....go lay down...

The only thing that bugs me about the balloon incident is why wasn't it shot down in the Pacific instead of the Atlantic? Did it get past our radar?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:36 pm Sonny.....go lay down...

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh-J4GSPgAM
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

The only thing that bugs me about the balloon incident is why wasn't it shot down in the Pacific instead of the Atlantic? Did it get past our radar?
It wasn't picked up until it was already over Alaska apparently.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

racerguy00 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:30 am

It wasn't picked up until it was already over Alaska apparently.
They said today that the balloon was over 200' tall. I would have hoped that our radar would have picked it up when it left China. NORAD can track Santa as soon as he leaves the N. Pole! Maybe somebody was asleep at the switch.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Somebody in China let go of the string? Oh well, shit happens.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

China probably got a picture of my pecker, I was out back of my shop taking a whiz and looked up and saw that thing. :oops:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

YO, I'LL TAKE A COUPLE OF 8x10s FOR MY GARDEN PECKERWOODS.....
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

steelbuttplate wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:33 pm China probably got a picture of my pecker, I was out back of my shop taking a whiz and looked up and saw that thing. :oops:
You got them drooling. :Drool1: :chuckles:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Sonny wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:04 pm
steelbuttplate wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:33 pm China probably got a picture of my pecker, I was out back of my shop taking a whiz and looked up and saw that thing. :oops:
You got them drooling. :Drool1: :chuckles:
She's exaggerating on that length just a little, but really, that thing shoulda been shot down before it reached Alaska. It could have been dropping little bottles of fentanyl contaminated with ebola or something .
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I was told, back in the 70s, that our spy satellites could read the label on a pack of smokes, but even we don't have optics that good!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Balloons used against us are nothing new, the Japanese did it during WW2 out west. Balloons with incendiary devices, and bio weapons were sent over the western states. Bio weapons today would be responded to with nuclear weapons, we didn't yet have that policy in place during the war, but in 1945 we responded with them anyway. Twice.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Now the military says they saw it over Alaska and deemed it "not to be a threat", so nothing was done?
In minutes it was in Canada's air space.
It was not till it re-entered the USA that they told the President and he said "shoot it down when it was safe"?
So the military waited till it crossed the entire US and shot it down leaving the US air space in the Atlantic?

1) Why is it up to a military person to make the "final judgement" on this? The President should have been told immediately when it was over Alaska. What the Hell happened to Canada....nothing?

2) The "crash site" was determined to be about 7 miles square. You mean to tell me that they couldn't find a 7 mile square area over Montana and the rest of it's route to bring it down? Come on. That's BS and everyone knows it.

3) This balloon could "steer itself". Look at the track it took over several "sensitive areas". It "FLEW" over those areas, not by chance. THAT is not the characteristics of a "weather balloon". That store from China is BS.

4) So we wait till it gathers all it needs before shooting it down? Over salt water --- so we can be sure it is not functional when we pick up in tiny pieces? Something stinks.

5) Are we going to just let China tell us we were wrong for shooting it down and try to blame us?

To me, China did not gain a lot of intelligence on us. Probably no more then they could have got on the ground ---- but --- It was probably more of a "TEST" to see what Biden and the Military would do.
I guess they got their answer ----
NOTHING.

To allow China to get away with this is just so wrong in so many ways.
I guess that when you are wrapped so tight in bed with them, they have you by the short hairs?
If nothing is done about this by the "Administration", then we will have our answers.

Darryl
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

A big thanks to the US Airforce for shooting down that "thing" over the Yukon territory today.

We could have done it except Trudope forgot to wind up the rubber bands on our aircraft.
ditchtiger

Post by ditchtiger »

Biden is bought and paid for. His Chinese masters had to tell him when he would be allowed to shoot it down.
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

the strangest think about the others shot down, I have not heard anyone screaming that we shot down their research balloon or other airborne type of device...!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Whoever owned them probably doesn't want to admit that their country is so poor and backward that they have to resort to 18th century technology to spy on other people.
Theodore Roosevelt
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

interesting enough, was there some poor SOB up their with binoculars and a sack lunch...?