Need professional opinion on Value of mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
KDuncan

Need professional opinion on Value of mosin

Post by KDuncan »

I found a mosin for sale at my local gun shop, needing an experts opinion on how much its worth
Details: Barrel is chinese made.
Barrel, Bolt, and trigger all have different serial numbers
Origin is unknown if it was used in war or just sold to public
Standard size
Has bayonet that seems to be around same age as rifle
Lightly to Mid use and wear on weapon
Overall: Personally don't know tons about the mosin besides the basic history, however i can say this gun would be good for display but not a perfect specimen either. If you could reply letting me know a price range I would greatly appreciate it. I can try and get more info if needed.

If you are admin please dont delete this, just let me know where o post question like this in the future
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Need professional opinion on Value of mosin

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Post questions on the regular Mosin Nagant forum, that's where I moved your original question yesterday. This for sale forum is just for selling.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I haven't been in the market for some time, but I would expect that a mismatched Chinese T-53 would go for around $300.00 now days. Someone else may have better knowledge. That can fluctuate based on the day of the week and the area that you are located.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Sale prices over the last 60 days according to the gunbroker completed sales search.

High 22 Oct 2023 sold for $425.00
Low 05 Nov 2023 sold for $274.20

With a lot listed in the $300.00 range that didn't sell. So I would agree with what Steve (SA1911a1) said above.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SteelBP

Post by SteelBP »

Offer $250

Last bumped by Guest on Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:05 am.