Back in the Beretta 92 game

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Crazysarge16

Back in the Beretta 92 game

Post by Crazysarge16 »

Over the past year, the wife and I have really been focusing on paying off debt we had accumulated either due to unexpected health problems, stuff just breaking (new roof and hvac in less than 6 month period), and not being as good as we needed to be with our credit card.

As part of that, I got a new better paying job with better insurance and started to cull the herd some. Started out selling duplicates of stuff I had and guns I had taken in on trade but just never like.

This Beretta 92F was one I had taken in on trade but I’m a huge Beretta fanboy. Add to it that it was a former NC Highway Patrol marked pistol and that’s my home state I was over the moon in love. But I already owned a Beretta 92F that was a Greensboro PD surplus one. I tried justifying keeping both but knew one had to go. So I sold the NCHP one cause it was a quick sell and I wasn’t emotionally attached all the way.

Fast forward a year, and wife and I have paid off all outstanding debt. It feels amazing and we definitely don’t want to go back!

In that time frame, I had traded/sold off my other Berettas. The 92F I kept over this one had been sold to the son of a former Greensboro PD officer who wanted it for his dad. My M9A1 got traded to a buddy going into the Marines who wanted it to have a pistol similar to what his unit was using.

I had planned on getting a new 92X but I was having trouble finding anything in stock. Thought about buying online, but while scrolling on CFF I saw the dude posting that I had sold it to. On a whim sent him a message asking if he still had it and would be interested. Thankfully he did and even helped me out by taking a trade so I wouldn’t be out any new money!

He had put the black factory grips back on it, decided I would leave those on it as well. Already has the skeleton hammer and D spring.

Only plans moving forward are to get a G kit, replace the rest of the springs just due to age, and get more magazines.

On the plus side, I found my old Safariland holster and a 17 round magazine while looking for something else!

ImageImageImage

Thought my good luck was used up just getting this beauty back, but lucked out today while at my favorite gun shop! Was digging through their section of beretta magazines (mainly military surplus and pro mag) and found a Mecgar 18 round magazine for $20.

Decided to go ahead and pick a 22 pistol up I had on layaway and dude asked me if I wanted any 22 ammo with it. Told him I was good on 22 (they wanted $60-80 a brick) but asked if I could get some 9mm. Said I could get a box of federal hydroshock 147 grain for $30. Higher than what I’m used to but considering can’t find anything I took it!

Might try to flip the Federal for more 9mm
"Stay classy gentleman, and remember no one touch my snickers" -Cpt Barry Ammons, 2-23 IN 4/2 SBCT
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Back in the Beretta 92 game

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I like those wood grips.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Very nice! I like the wood grips too!
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

That's a really nice piece! :thumbsup:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Certainly one of the top production handguns. Good story to go with it too!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum