coke machine

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
dou44

coke machine

Post by dou44 »

I picked up another one it is a 1972 vendo 63. I took off the vinyl decals and painted it like the early machines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: coke machine

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice, there was one in the auto part store back when we had a real auto part store in the 70's. Right into the 1980's you could still get a cold drink out of that machine for .25. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

We had one like that in our school gym. Us badassed kids would take a church key to the bottles and drain them into a cup. It really pissed off the Coke man because there were no more sales until his next run. Our principal swore he would catch the villans, but we eluded justice. Since the soda was free, we would even drink the Tabs, which were unfit for human consumption. We did it to piss people off, and it worked!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Does anyone else remember the Coke machines that took a nickel and a penny to dispense the 8 Oz. Cokes?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
dou44

Post by dou44 »

back in the 60's I would ride my bike to the store up the road and get them for 15cents.i have all ways wanted the bottle machine . but never really looked for one because I did not know the plastic bottles would fit.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I had a ten-cent machine in my race car shop that kept the long neck Budwierser bottles just this side of freezing. There were a couple of slots for coke bottles too.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:30 pm Does anyone else remember the Coke machines that took a nickel and a penny to dispense the 8 Oz. Cokes?
I'll have to go look again, There is one in the old drugstore in town thats a chest type with a ring system like in the red machine above, nickel finish embossed and red lettered outside. I'll get pics if it's still there.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:18 am
SA1911a1 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:30 pm Does anyone else remember the Coke machines that took a nickel and a penny to dispense the 8 Oz. Cokes?
I'll have to go look again, There is one in the old drugstore in town thats a chest type with a ring system like in the red machine above, nickel finish embossed and red lettered outside. I'll get pics if it's still there.
It would have to be the Mayberry general store to have one of them in actual use, that you Andy?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:59 am
steelbuttplate wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:18 am
It would have to be the Mayberry general store to have one of them in actual use, that you Andy?
Bennett's drug store, established 1905. it was in use 10-12 yrs ago, an antique shop now. :shifty: " Andy, do you see how Barny wraps his lips around that coke bottle ? Gaaleeee !".... GOMER ! Don't pull that out in here !... "Surprise, Surprise" (Floyd faints). Aunt Bee blushes and says "Now Andy, boys will be boys".
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Brake Weight

coke machine

Post by Brake Weight »

My uncle has one of those at his ATV repair shop. Still gets the 8,10,12 oz bottled root beers and cokes. All the same old price. There are a couple of rows with long neck Budweiser’s. During duck season if he morning hunts there may be a duck head hanging from the bottom hole and 3-4 lined up inside. Open 9-5, so the ducks need to stay cold all day to get dressed out in the evening.
Last edited by Brake Weight on Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
Brake Weight

coke machine

Post by Brake Weight »

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

dou44 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:33 pm back in the 60's I would ride my bike to the store up the road and get them for 15cents.i have all ways wanted the bottle machine . but never really looked for one because I did not know the plastic bottles would fit.
I ought to look into getting one of the bottle dispensing machines. Out here in the Southwest, you can still get glass bottled Coke with real cane sugar. The Mexican distributors still use glass and make a good bit of money selling that product here.
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I should get one to put outside my shop here, there's nowhere to get a cold soda within 10 miles. I bought one once at an auction back when I still lived in Kansas, bought it cheap for $20 because no one wanted to bid on it as it didn't get cold and had no key. When we went to tip it down into the back of the truck, you could hear change rattling around inside. I drilled the lock out and there were coins scattered all through it, totaled over $40 so I made a profit right there. I intended on gutting it and turning it into a gun cabinet but ran away from the wife before that got accomplished.