Winchester Model 67A boys rifle

Rim Fire Firearms
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Winchester Model 67A boys rifle

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Another one of the rifles I am selling for a customer of mine once I am done fixing and cleaning them. They belonged to his late father who shot them little and stored them long. This one needed a general cleaning and removal of some light rust freckles, the takedown screw was badly buggered and stuck. I got it out, but still need to recut the slot, This is probably the most simple rifle Winchester ever made, single shot, basic bolt action with no provision for cocking on open or close. You open the bolt, drop in a round, close the bolt, pull back on the cocking knob and you are good to go. Overall the 67 was made 1934-63, but the boys rifle didn't start until 1937. This one is rifled, there are smoothbore variations made for the .22 shot cartridge. Trigger and bolt are chrome plated making this one an early rifle from before 1944, but no serial numbers so no way to date it to a particular year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Winchester Model 67A boys rifle

Post by Rongo »

Similiar setup to my Springfield 15. Those little 22 singleshot bolt guns are fun. :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes they are, unfortunately I would need to be the size I was at 10 years of age to be able to use it comfortably. It's sized for a boy 8-11 years or so, or girl for that matter, or one of the little people.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Older brother had many of those type of rifles when we were growing up. I remember some of them having the shape of a bell on the bolt knob but can't remember the brand. Amazingly accurate, seems all of them were.... Remember the little single shots they put in sacks of cattle feed many years ago ? Quite a surprise for a farm kid to find a treasure like that back then...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I never had a single shot back then, Marlin model 99 semi auto with a 7 round magazine from 1959-60
Theodore Roosevelt
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

It cleaned up nicely. These are neat little rifles, great to start a youngster with.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The Winchester and the Enfield have sold, they aren't mine, I was just asked to find buyers for them and clean them up a bit.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

This rifle was the subject of an article in Dillon Precision’s monthly magazine/catalog
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They were very popular rifles for many years, a money maker for Winchester during the dark days of the 1930's due to it's simplicity, cheap to manufacture. It's also a rifle the public could afford at that time.
Theodore Roosevelt