Railway Express Agency Colt Police Positive

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
ffuries

Re: Railway Express Agency Colt Police Positive

Post by ffuries »

Seeing there are additional RR guns being mentioned here, a question to the Mods how hard would it be to add a RR/Bank Guns Sub-section under the handgun section?

I mean it's a interesting collector niche and one I didn't know actually existed prior to awalker1829 posting his. I had seen Wells Fargo marked firearms discussions before but they had always been proven to be fake/enhanced examples. That led me to erroneously believe RR/Bank marked guns were just urban legends/wives tales.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Is .38 Colt the same as .38 S&W?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Is the revolver chambered for .38 Special or .38 S&W? My understanding is that Colt went to wooden grips in 1921.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
etprescottazusa91

Is the revolver chambered for .38 Special or .38 S&W? My understanding is that Colt went to wooden grips in 1921.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
etprescottazusa91

Adolph Hitler – 1933