Mauser trainer DSM 34 Help needed

Rim Fire Firearms
Ed55fl

Mauser trainer DSM 34 Help needed

Post by Ed55fl »

Picked one in Nice shape.Only problem is will not go to the safety position Should work like a K98. Any ideas what the problem is?
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mauser trainer DSM 34 Help needed

Post by millman »

Not without photos.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Ed55fl

Post by Ed55fl »

Basically looks like a K98 . Tab on rear of the bolt should flip up to put on safety Right ? 72 year old guy needs help getting pictures off laptop LOL where's my Grandson
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Ed55fl wrote:Basically looks like a K98 . Tab on rear of the bolt should flip up to put on safety Right ? 72 year old guy needs help getting pictures off laptop LOL where's my Grandson
If you have the pics on your laptop it is pretty easy to post them. Scroll down from where you type a post, and click the attachments button, then click "add files", find the picture you want to post and click the open button you will see. This will put it into your thread.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I am thinking something is worn out or dirty and sticking on your safety. Pics will help us perhaps diagnose the issue.

C. S. Lewis
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I have a BRNO #1 that fires when the safety is disengaged. I just don't chamber a round until I am ready to fire.

C. S. Lewis
Ed55fl

Post by Ed55fl »

Thanks the info on posting I'll clean up bolt and see if that works
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Ed55fl wrote:Picked one in Nice shape.Only problem is will not go to the safety position Should work like a K98. Any ideas what the problem is?
Are you trying the safety when the rifles cocked? Some bolts won't go to safe unless cocked.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Ed55fl

Post by Ed55fl »

LOL Thanks Sieelbuttplaie that was my problem