AIM SURPLUS MOSIN NAGANTS FOR SALE

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
RugerNut

AIM SURPLUS MOSIN NAGANTS FOR SALE

Post by RugerNut »

SA1911a1

Re: AIM SURPLUS MOSIN NAGANTS FOR SALE

Post by SA1911a1 »

The new normal I guess.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

RugerNut wrote:They're almost all sold out!

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx ... gant+Rifle
They sold out of the others, the hex, hex Tula and Tula's all most immediately when they listed these Sept. 28th but they still have 114 of the last category. They had 147 of those on Oct. 1st, 24 days ago so that gives you an idea how fast they're moving. I listed all of these on gun-deals the day they put them up and I've seen these listed on a few deal sites with the typical posts about them being junk, and there were millions of them made so there's no reason they should be this expensive. Then there's the posts calling them boat oars and people telling others they might as well spend that kind of money on a hunting rifle or the bubba posts about drilling and cutting them. I even saw one post where a guy claimed the price was unjustifiable because they were mass produced and didn't cost that much to make. Clearly not collectors and that one guy has no concept of supply and demand. I'm glad they're passing because they'd most likely butcher them. There's going to be a lot of people that will be sorry they didn't pick at least one of these up down the road. Looks like a lot of us that collect these are already having the last laugh.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They seem to have some sort of crap laser etched all over them. $300+ for the same 91/30's I once bought for 50-80 bucks. I can still hear the comments about me buying " another of the same rifle" from the peanut gallery back when I was getting them in two and three at a time . Not hearing the comments now with a $200-$300-$500+ ( depending on the rifle) jack up in value. Most of mine don't even have the banner import marking, or whatever that laser etched crap is. I did say at the time, over and over, buy them now, buy as many as you can, hold on to them. Some listened.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:They seem to have some sort of crap laser etched all over them. $300+ for the same 91/30's I once bought for 50-80 bucks. I can still hear the comments about me buying " another of the same rifle" from the peanut gallery back when I was getting them in two and three at a time . Not hearing the comments now with a $200-$300-$500+ ( depending on the rifle) jack up in value. Most of mine don't even have the banner import marking, or whatever that laser etched crap is. I did say at the time, over and over, buy them now, buy as many as you can, hold on to them. Some listened.
JIm I kicked myself for not buying more in the late 90s when I bought my first, that Polish M44, for $89 from Big5 in California. It was a mix and match with a real rough bore but it shoots pretty good. All of the others I bought were since 2010. I have no where near the collection you do, you got a few decades jump on me, but i have 18 Mosin Nagants now including a recently added 1943 Izhevsk PU Sniper that I got from one of our vendors that has a stash of them. When I get some time I'll take some pictures and make a post. It's a Tulsky and is in somewhat better shape than the Molot 1943 Tula PU Sniper I got from Bryan at AIM. I got this one from the owner of The Armory, Bill. I went on a buying spree about a month ago and picked up a few things I've been holding off on. One is especially cool. It's not a particularly valuable model of firearm, a Model 60 S&W 38spl. but it has history. You know the old story don't buy the story buy the gun. Well This one has a story and I have proof positive. I just took some pictures of it a little while ago and I'll make a post when I get caught up. You'll get a kick out of.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I am having a sale on wartime 91/30s...Only $289.00. All were owned by Stalin. Hell, I will get the old boy at Classic to hawk them or me. Hurricane sale maybe. ;)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

WeldonHunter wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:They seem to have some sort of crap laser etched all over them. $300+ for the same 91/30's I once bought for 50-80 bucks. I can still hear the comments about me buying " another of the same rifle" from the peanut gallery back when I was getting them in two and three at a time . Not hearing the comments now with a $200-$300-$500+ ( depending on the rifle) jack up in value. Most of mine don't even have the banner import marking, or whatever that laser etched crap is. I did say at the time, over and over, buy them now, buy as many as you can, hold on to them. Some listened.
JIm I kicked myself for not buying more in the late 90s when I bought my first, that Polish M44, for $89 from Big5 in California. It was a mix and match with a real rough bore but it shoots pretty good. All of the others I bought were since 2010. I have no where near the collection you do, you got a few decades jump on me, but i have 18 Mosin Nagants now including a recently added 1943 Izhevsk PU Sniper that I got from one of our vendors that has a stash of them. When I get some time I'll take some pictures and make a post. It's a Tulsky and is in somewhat better shape than the Molot 1943 Tula PU Sniper I got from Bryan at AIM. I got this one from the owner of The Armory, Bill. I went on a buying spree about a month ago and picked up a few things I've been holding off on. One is especially cool. It's not a particularly valuable model of firearm, a Model 60 S&W 38spl. but it has history. You know the old story don't buy the story buy the gun. Well This one has a story and I have proof positive. I just took some pictures of it a little while ago and I'll make a post when I get caught up. You'll get a kick out of.
I have bought guns for the story, but in these cases I knew the story was true, local people known to me many years, mostly bringbacks from the wars of the 20th century, or items that don't have great value but had interesting story's. Giving it a think there must be a few thousand things stuffed in closets and box's around here that have a story, mostly of how I found it and what I ended up paying.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

What will the price be if the sanctions are ever lifted ? How many more million are still across the pond ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I don't see the sanctions going away in our lifetime, I see them getting worse.
Theodore Roosevelt
RugerNut

Post by RugerNut »

I have bought a few firearms from AIM SURPLUS. They were the 1st company that I chose the hand select option on a MINI-14 about 5 years ago. I had always thought beforehand that hand select was a gimmick. When I received it I thought for sure they must have made a mistake. That rifle was absolutely FLAWLESS! It looked so new I thought I was dreaming. Since that time I have chosen hand select option from AS and have NEVER been let down.
I chose hand select on a Beretta 92FS at CLASSIC FIREARMS and it looked like it was dropped from a 15 story building! I could only imagine what regular stock looked like. SMH!
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Hey... but don't forget... they have the original Russian banner!

Seems all of these retailers are getting the big bucks... Not so much on GunBroker... The guys with the ultra high starting prices aren't moving anything, even at the AIM prices...
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

I got in when they were a bit higher than $80-$90, but I listened. :)
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I have bought some surplus from AIM over the past 10 years. Most notably, about 5 years ago a bought a 1942 vintage Lithgow No. 1 MK III* Enfield in absolutely mint condition. I don't want to admit what I paid for it (too much), but as far as I am concerned, it was worth every penny. The only Mosin Nagant I got from them was a 1944 M-44 in really nice shape for a $200 bill. As most of you are aware 250-300 is the going rate for a refurb M91-30. I also see no need to go buying any of those because I have eight of the damn things purchased in the $100-130 range from 2010 to 2011. I am grateful to have them now, but my collecting has turned to other rifles like Enfields. Still, for the younger folks who don't have a M91-30 and can afford the current prices, I say go ahead and own a piece of history. One last comment about AIM, and I know there are some mixed feelings out there about them, but from my experience, you get what you see in the pictures. They have always sent pretty much what the photos indicate. The only real surprise was when I ordered an "Israeli Police Trade In" CZ-83 that was advertised in good used condition. To my visual delight, the piece I got looked unissued and I could find no evidence that it had ever been fired. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least. Thanks for that, AIM Surplus. :P
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

I've bought new and surplus items from AIM Surplus over the years and have never had a bad experience. I guess it's easier for me to see the new normal in increasing prices as Mosins were $109.00 and up when I was able to start earnestly working on my collection in 2012. I skipped on the Chinese Type 53's and SKS's when they were $89.00 and $239.00 respectively because I was focused on the harder and more expensive things (03A3's, Garands, K98k Mausers, etc...) to add to my collection. Thankfully I've found some solid deals at local shops over the years, especially pawn shops.

My first Mosin purchase with my Curio and Relic license was a Izhevsk M91/30 Mosin from Bud's Gun Shop in early 2015 for $139.95. It's amazing to see how prices have changed in the past few years, but it all falls back to supply and demand. JYD is right! The sanctions won't be going away anytime soon. Once Uncle Sugar takes it away, he never gives it back.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

My gun money fund took a real hit when I moved to Ohio from PA. I found I was only 25 minutes from AIM and SOG. Who could resist buying Mosins for under $100.00 and being that close to the source??
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

It makes me wonder if they are truly "finding" these remaining rifles in small quantities or if they stashed them away here stateside years ago waiting to see how high process would get before releasing them.

It is amazing to see supply and demand at work on these rifles. It's a true lesson in market economics. They still sell out like crazy despite the increased prices, which means there is plenty of headroom for the prices to increase even more.

I see the bright side of prices going higher. It makes them less of a cheap gun for Bubba to buy and mess up and moves them up-market to buyers who are more likely to take better care of them. People are more prone to take better care of something that costs more anyway, but increased prices tend to deter Bubbas and teenagers too.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The laser etching on the rifles tells me these are not leftovers from way back, they are probably from just before the sanctions.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

The laser etching on these new ones are the Ukrainian requirements for sport rifles as the story goes. These rifles were in the Ukraine and to be exported they required these markings and a pinned rear sight to 300 meters.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
GT_80

Post by GT_80 »

qz2026 wrote:Hey... but don't forget... they have the original Russian banner!

Seems all of these retailers are getting the big bucks... Not so much on GunBroker... The guys with the ultra high starting prices aren't moving anything, even at the AIM prices...
Gun broken and armslist around me are $50-100 more than these in some cases. In my area, $279-$400 is the norm which sucks...
1935r Izhevsk hex receiver 91/30, serial number 407, laminated stock
1942r Izhevsk round receiver 91/30 re-arsenal "parts built" gun
1944r Izhevsk round receiver M44 very smooth action
dou44

Post by dou44 »

I tried to sell acouple for $280 and everyone thought that was high at the gun show ,they were hex receiver