CMP Phillipine M1 partII

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
locomotiveguy

CMP Phillipine M1 partII

Post by locomotiveguy »

I said the new M1 was rough I meant the stock had a lot of rubs and dings, actually the metal has no rust except on the upper handguard, ass stated before the throat is +3 and the muzzle is +2. I guess it was made in late 52 If anyone knows a more accurate date please inform me. I assume that the piece is not a veteran of any combat, I have had the beech M1 since about 2010, it was almost new now its got about 500 rnds through it and the dot sight is new. Great for old eyes. Beech stocks just don't compare to walnut and why is this walnut so dark, I hope its dirt and will brighten up some after I steam a few dents, no cartouches on the new one no proof mark. Next is a little range time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
locomotiveguy

CMP Phillipine M1 partII

Post by locomotiveguy »

I said the new M1 was rough I meant the stock had a lot of rubs and dings, actually the metal has no rust except on the upper handguard, ass stated before the throat is +3 and the muzzle is +2. I guess it was made in late 52 If anyone knows a more accurate date please inform me. I assume that the piece is not a veteran of any combat, I have had the beech M1 since about 2010, it was almost new now its got about 500 rnds through it and the dot sight is new. Great for old eyes. Beech stocks just don't compare to walnut and why is this walnut so dark, I hope its dirt and will brighten up some after I steam a few dents, no cartouches on the new one no proof mark. Next is a little range time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steelbuttplate

Re: CMP Phillipine M1 partII

Post by steelbuttplate »

'52 could have seen some Korean use and/or early Vietnam. Or was it sent directly to the Philippines? The metal looks like a midnight black finish used on some Victory pistols. The stock darkness is probably oil, lay it in the sun 15 minutes on a hot day and see if it don't get oily enough to deep fry. Monsoon rains can't penetrate wood that is saturated with oil. Post some targets from it and I'll add to them with mine, hopefully others will do the same.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

I like the old walnut stock. Take the stock off and wash it off with 0000 steel wool and oil. It'll clean right up after a few cycles.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

look up the serial number on the receiver, the barrel date is just the last time it received a new barrel.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The four and five million serial number ranges are both post WWII production, none of my books cover the post war dates, but the '52 barrel could be close to receiver production date.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

Back from the range and alls well First 2 shots were at the center at 25 yards,then1 oclock, 11 oclock and 7 oclock. About the dark stain on the wood I found that rubbing alcohol cuts it right away and doesn't mess with what ever finish is underneath