Finnish M/19 Puukkopistin Collection

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
capt14k

Finnish M/19 Puukkopistin Collection

Post by capt14k »

Finally got around to photographing the rest of them. So far I have six different M/19 small puukkopistin also known as M/22 amongst collectors. Still looking for a Fishers and Kotshack as well as a large M/19.

From left to right Hackman Knurled, Hackman Smooth Wood, Eickhorn, Coppel, WKC, and Hörster. Only the Hörster is unmarked.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
capt14k

Re: Finnish M/19 Puukkopistin Collection

Post by capt14k »

Individual Markings

Hackman Knurled
Hackman Smooth
Carl Eickhorn
Alex Coppel Soligen
Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Cie
E. & F. Hörster
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Embarrassed to say I've never studied these much. Seen a few on different rifle forums, but those are very impressive looking knives. Fighting knives I presume? Hunting maybe? Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Technically dress knives. However they were used as fighting and general purpose knives by Army, Civil Guard, and Police. Initially they were for lower ranking officers to be worn instead of a sword. Then the wood handle was issued to enlisted above the rank of private.

I have another thread on here that explains more in depth. I can't recall everything off the top of my head or I would post it now.

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Very nice looking knives. I'd be thrilled to have just one. :)
capt14k

Re: RE: Re: Finnish M/19 Puukkopistin Collection

Post by capt14k »

bunkysdad wrote:Very nice looking knives. I'd be thrilled to have just one. :)
There is a guy on eBay who has been trying to sell a Hackman Puukkopistin for awhile at $650. It has sat unsold. A more fair price would be $500 shipped. You never know he maybe willing to take even less.