Mossberg 144LSB

Rim Fire Firearms
Greasemonkey

Mossberg 144LSB

Post by Greasemonkey »

I picked this up at a shop to day, paid 200 otd, it was a consignment. It's a Mossberg 144LSB. I've read nothing but good things about Mossberg target rifles and kinda felt in the blind about this one. I'm guessing it's a new model, the rear sight is complete and seems tight. Bore is nice, clean and shiny, barrel has a scuff mark or two, nothing major. It was flatout an impulse buy, no clue to what it would be worth or if I over paid. One of those you find in the rack that begs and pleads, take me home.

So I did, and here it is, good or bad, let me have it :kilgo:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
MN Fan

Re: Mossberg 144LSB

Post by MN Fan »

You did really well! I found one recently in good shape, though maybe not quite as good as your's. This one is $325 on the rack. I've checked around with Google and that seems to be a fair and average price.

I just bought a 44US recently and though I haven't shot it yet, I am loving this thing already. The 44 is one generation before your's. I believe they are very similar, but enough difference that there isn't part interchangability.

I got mine after reading some of guy's posts on here. They all described these rifles as "tack drivers", so I am definitely anxious to go check it out. Mine needed some help though and its the one I discussed in the restoration forum.

You got a great deal :)

Congrats!
Last edited by MN Fan on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Holy Cow!!!!

Great deal. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Good, I don't feel so bad, don't like impulse buys, but after digging and reading, I can't wait to try it.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

8-) 8-) 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I'd give $200 all day long for that one.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Sweet find. That's what we are talking about to anyone who wants to know how a gun can speak to you! Great find.

Ya gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?~ Josey Wales
knssrtrd

Post by knssrtrd »

I love these ole Mossbergs, They are economy guns but, they put the detail work where it counted. You will have to play a whole lot of dough for a 22 with a barrel equaling the quality of a Mossberg today. I take the US 44 out and fight around the smallish stock and eco trigger the reward is awesome small groups with standard velocity rounds. Not to bust on gun makers the new generation rifles black flexy plastic stocks, dull cheap finishes and gritty heavy triggers turn me off to em. Never see those 144LSB around here, noone is willing to give em up, what a find. :Drool1: