Dan's Mosin Thread

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Sgt. Rob

Re: Dan's Mosin Thread

Post by Sgt. Rob »

The Triangle 25 91/30 is an excellent Mosin! The Chi Com type 53 needs some love, but I personnally see a diamond in the rough with that one. The bore appears to be in good shape from your pic, and the stock appears to have nice color, which should pop out more when the Indochina fungus, crud or whatever is cleaned up. Very nice rifles! :thumbsup:

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
dansammo.us

Post by dansammo.us »

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I had some free time last night and I couldn't bear looking at this thing in it's current condition. I must say, I'm very pleased with the outcome. A little 0000 steel wool, some Ballistol, and an old shirt did me well!

oh yeah, and it had about a pound of degreaser on this thing. I took her all the way down, including the bolt.

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice. :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

I knew she would clean up! :thumbsup:

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Hey you missed a spot, lol. Just kidding. Looks worlds better. You know I've seen where Classic advertises they clean up rifles before shipping them "so you don't have too" They'd do better to just leave them alone. I wonder if the guy cleaning them is the same guy that chromes the mil-surps and does their website? Inquiring minds would like to know.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
dansammo.us

Post by dansammo.us »

WeldonHunter wrote:Hey you missed a spot, lol. Just kidding. Looks worlds better. You know I've seen where Classic advertises they clean up rifles before shipping them "so you don't have too" They'd do better to just leave them alone. I wonder if the guy cleaning them is the same guy that chromes the mil-surps and does their website? Inquiring minds would like to know.
haha!
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

That came out great. I simply love Ballistol. I use it for everything except mouthwash. :biggrin:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That type 53 is a lot cleaner than the ones I was getting back in '90, but then I was only paying $20 for them back them. A solid ball of crud they were.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt