SKS bayonet blued

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Vity

SKS bayonet blued

Post by Vity »

Hi, I got s SKS with blued bayonet. Does anybody knows if this was done by arsenal Or somebody made it just look "cool"? Thank you in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ffuries

Re: SKS bayonet blued

Post by ffuries »

There were some that were blued (Either it was originally or during refurb) but damn if I can tell you why or which ones.

Added: A quick check shows black finished bayonets can be found on the Russian made SKS's, made during the 1949 -1956 time frame.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Vity

Post by Vity »

Thank you!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I think you may have a Russian SKS. The sling looks right too. What is the info on it ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Vity

Post by Vity »

Yes, this is russian. I tried to capture all useful information. Also, looks like it was refurbished.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ded321

Post by ded321 »

Definitely arsenal, I have had a couple that way myself. Nice SKS, enjoy it.