Nice 4 point WT buck

Sonny

Nice 4 point WT buck

Post by Sonny »

Went up to the Saddle Hills area north of Beaverlodge with my son for a few days. We were looking for elk but I only seen one 5 point bull and he was running like his tail was on fire.
Anyway one evening we were driving down some oil/gas lease roads and we saw a little fork horn whitetail buck. Junior said want me to stop so you can shoot it? I said nah I'll wait for a bigger one. Well holy smokes 20 minutes later we saw this guy run across the road and the silly buck ran about 80 yards and stopped. Junior is yelling " Shoot that sonofabitch" so I did. :lol:
Rifle was a Browning AB3 in 7mm rem mag, ammo was Federal Premium 155gr Terminal Ascent and yes it was terminal for this buck. :D

The pic doesn't really show it but damn this was one big bodied buck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Nice 4 point WT buck

Post by millman »

Nice one Sonny!
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

millman wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:21 pmNice one Sonny!
Thanks but the best thing about our hunt was spending some time around the campfire with my son.

That my friend is what makes memories, :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SteelBP

Post by SteelBP »

What do you call a 9 point in Canada ? A 4 &1/2 ? :whistle:
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

You know, I don't do much (any) hunting for many years now but, when I was hunting, they counted the points on one side and that was the point count.

Like above, it has 4 on each side would be a 4 pointer.

I see these guys on TV calling the above a 8 pointers.

What the Hell? What is correct now???

Darryl
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Never cared how many points it had, just how much meat it would butcher down to. I hunt to eat, not to put it up on a wall. Been a long time since I hunted, but if I get hungry it will come back to me quick. :Drool1:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Darryl wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:54 pm You know, I don't do much (any) hunting for many years now but, when I was hunting, they counted the points on one side and that was the point count.

Darryl
I think it might be an East vs. West thing. Here in KY 4 on a side would be an 8 pointer. Always has been as far as I know.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

millman wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:21 pm
Darryl wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:54 pm You know, I don't do much (any) hunting for many years now but, when I was hunting, they counted the points on one side and that was the point count.

Darryl
I think it might be an East vs. West thing. Here in KY 4 on a side would be an 8 pointer. Always has been as far as I know.
We always went up north to hunt. Up there it was three points or better. (3 on each side). two on each side was called a forked horn.

Last one I shot had four on each side, so I should have drug it east and then I could have called it a 8 pointer and not a 4 pointer? :chuckles:

Darryl
SteelBP

Post by SteelBP »

I think I killed two 1 pointers this year. :? :? A cow horn and a spike
Last edited by SteelBP on Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.