New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Greedo1977

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Greedo1977 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:55 am
Greedo1977 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:50 pm Howdy all!
I’ve been lurking here for a while, finally decided to join up since there seems to be more Mosin activity here than some other forums. Really can’t wait to share some cool stuff with y’all but most of all to learn even more!
-Richard
Welcome and please feel free to post pictures :cam2.gif: of your :hunter: and :popgun:

Sure will, still getting used to the forum layout, really dig the vintage 90s-2000s feel to it! Hate it when folks get obsessed with constantly updating stuff. If it ain’t broke, fix it til it is :lol:
PoppinPoppies

Post by PoppinPoppies »

Hi everyone!

Finally made an account here. I am really getting into rifles now since me and my grandfather spend more time together. He has a considerable collection of his own and it would be awesome if I could add to it as the time goes.

Looking forward to getting to know you.
1ifbyland47

Post by 1ifbyland47 »

Hello, My name is Walt. I've been shooting and reloading for 40+ years. I have a modest collection of firearms, rifles and handguns, old and new. I really like the old bolt guns. I only own two Mosins, a Finn M91 and an M39. I have a question regarding the newer M39's from the 60's and 70's. They are in much better condition than the older 39's but being assembled from unmarked left over parts are they as collectable or desirable as the older rifles? I look forward to reading the many posts on this forum.
skychair 01

Post by skychair 01 »

I'm skychair, just re- registered under a new email address, and I'm hoping I can recover my history from the old forum.
Nice to be back.
Ron
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

WELCOME, ONE AND ALL...........
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

skychair 01 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:18 am I'm skychair, just re- registered under a new email address, and I'm hoping I can recover my history from the old forum.
Nice to be back.
Ron
?????

What was your old username? There is no "old forum". This is it. We have been here a long time! :chuckles:
Darryl
mikenac

Post by mikenac »

Hi! I am Michael from TN. Long time fan of older military guns and look forward to reading and learning more!
Velvetelvis

Post by Velvetelvis »

Hello all,
I'm new to old firearms and have a few that were given to me by my dad when he downsized. Just curious to find out more info. The history is fascinating.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Velvetelvis wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:43 pm Hello all,
I'm new to old firearms and have a few that were given to me by my dad when he downsized. Just curious to find out more info. The history is fascinating.
Post a few photos of what you have. We love photos!

Welcome aboard.

Darryl
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

mikenac wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:18 am Hi! I am Michael from TN. Long time fan of older military guns and look forward to reading and learning more!
Hi Michael,

Lots of information at https://russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/app.php/page/1

Do you own any Mosins????

Welcome aboard.

Darryl
mikenac

Post by mikenac »

Darryl wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:10 pm
mikenac wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:18 am Hi! I am Michael from TN. Long time fan of older military guns and look forward to reading and learning more!
Hi Michael,

Lots of information at https://russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/app.php/page/1

Do you own any Mosins????

Welcome aboard.

Darryl
I do! I have had it the longest actually. I just have not taken any pictures of it that I can find on my phone. I will make sure to do so asap!
Finnished

Post by Finnished »

Howdy all,

Just joining over here but I've been on some other forums a bit. I collect Finnish mosins!

Logan
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Finnished wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:54 am Howdy all,

Just joining over here but I've been on some other forums a bit. I collect Finnish mosins!

Logan
Well, you are forgiven for being on "that other forum".
They are bigger but they don't have the knowledge that they used too.

Welcome.

Darryl
ChapyWings

Post by ChapyWings »

Greetings all,

I'm ChapyWings,

I am new to the forum. I have recently acquired a rifle in these categories, and upon hours of research have become very interested in them and the history, variances, and stamps. I look forward to the expertise to be found here to help with proper ID of my acquisition. Thank you in advance.

Blessings,

CW
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

jump on in...the water is fine...................Tom
ChapyWings

Post by ChapyWings »

Sorry for previously posting about my rifle here. I'm an idiot
Last edited by ChapyWings on Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

It used to be an M 91. It now what is known as a Finn cub carbine. 20" barrel ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Old Gob

Post by Old Gob »

First POST for me. Have been collecting WWI Mosin barbed wire scissors/cutters for a while. Some of the Official Russian Documents call them scissors and many collectors call them cutters. These are, of course the types that attach to bayonets or the ends of military rifles. Also collecting the WWI British and French types.
ChapyWings

Post by ChapyWings »

Steelbuttplate

23" barrel, does not have a finn SA stamp and does not match any online finn cub carbines I can find
LazyTurtle

Post by LazyTurtle »

:D salutations, I have just purchased my first Mosin nagant less than 12 hours ago! Super excited to be here!