Used Car Lot......

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Used Car Lot......

Post by ffuries »

Looks like a used car lot across the street, I counted 15 vehicles. House on the left band practice night, one in the middle has a bunch of construction workers living in it. The right is a garage, the owner of the house to the right of it bought the empty lot after Hurricane Michael and had a garage built on it. So him and his buddies are hanging out working on someone's Mustang, as they are all members of the Mustang Club.

Maybe we all need to gather at Ft Mikey's and have a Gun Club meeting and work on guns....! Just saying, we can grill up some steaks, chicken, and do a shrimp boil, and work on and clean guns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
steelbuttplate

Re: Used Car Lot......

Post by steelbuttplate »

Or you could grab a telecaster and go to the house on the left :cool2:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That many people around would drive me batshit.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:08 pm Or you could grab a telecaster and go to the house on the left :cool2:
Donated a pile of picks, strings, and guitar cords to them. I played a little bit when I was young, but apparently I had hearing issues at birth.

Can't hear low tones very well and high tones drive me insane. My hearing is back-ass-backwards.....So I couldn't hear what I was playing very well and would be off key and never know it. Hence the reason I can't carry a tune either. They use to refer to it as being tone deaf, don't know what they call it now.

The joke around here is, when a dog whistle is blown I can hear it.

The kid (Adult) that lives there (His daddy bought the house for him), his dad is in the process of converting the garage in to a recoding studio. Back half of the garage is the sound/recording room. With the front half being the playing room. There's a wall separating the two up already, and each section has a room AC in it. Coming out pretty good. Don't know what they are going to do with the garage door yet.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

are they sure local neighborhood deed restrictions and county ordinances do not prohibit those activities..?

you have a peaceful looking area...it won't be for long.....
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tomaustin wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:03 pm are they sure local neighborhood deed restrictions and county ordinances do not prohibit those activities..?

you have a peaceful looking area...it won't be for long.....
Just won't be permitted, so when sold down the road it will have to go back into a garage. Another house beside us has a permitted garage enclosure, another one down the street an un-permitted enclosure. Ours will be permitted when we do it, just fighting over the plans.

Inorder for it to be legal, the level of garage floor must be the same height as the house floor. Well downstairs the master bedroom and living room are the same height as the garage, the dining room and kitchen are higher. My argument is the garage floor is the same height as the living area of the downstairs. To rule it isn't, means my house wasn't built to code and since the city appointed inspector passed the construction, then the city would be liable to bring the house to code. If they still won't play ball, I'll do an un-permitted enclosure and let whoever gets the house after me and the wife are dead deal with it.

Pretty quiet neighborhood for the most part, lots of retirees and military people live it.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Rocket launcher would take care of that garage door after I heard one too many mangled renditions of some song or other.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:26 pm Rocket launcher would take care of that garage door after I heard one too many mangled renditions of some song or other.
From what little can be heard, they are pretty good. They are respectful and stop before quiet hours start and pack everything up.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member