Guns and Knives

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
tjtM38

Guns and Knives

Post by tjtM38 »

Sometimes guns and knives just look good together. Here's my S&W Model 15-4, circa 1980 with a couple of new Case knives I bought within the past year. The larger one is a two-blade Bone Stag Trapper and the smaller one is a premium grade 3-blade Autumn Stag Stockman. For your viewing pleasure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ffuries

Re: Guns and Knives

Post by ffuries »

Sweet set-up!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Very nice, Mike.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: Last October I visited the Zippo museum in Bradford Pa were they also had some very nice Case knife displays. Came home with a few.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:39 pm :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: Last October I visited the Zippo museum in Bradford Pa were they also had some very nice Case knife displays. Came home with a few.
Damn you mention Zippo and I just remember I have a collection of Zippo lighters, two or three in decorative tins, then a bunch from the 1960s up through the early 2000s that were used by my dad, my brother and I.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ffuries wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:21 pm
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:39 pm :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: Last October I visited the Zippo museum in Bradford Pa were they also had some very nice Case knife displays. Came home with a few.
Damn you mention Zippo and I just remember I have a collection of Zippo lighters, two or three in decorative tins, then a bunch from the 1960s up through the early 2000s that were used by my dad, my brother and I.
I did bring home some nice Zippo's also, plus the handful I have had for many years.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Since I got a new Case XX knife in the mail this week, I will play too!

Remington Rand and Case 337-6" Q.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

OK, I'll say it... That's a sweet S&W :Drool1: :Drool1:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:59 pm Since I got a new Case XX knife in the mail this week, I will play too!

Is that holster an MP holster ? Mine doesn't have the swivel.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:38 am
SA1911a1 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:59 pm Since I got a new Case XX knife in the mail this week, I will play too!

It is a good question; I don't know. Maybe someone who does will chime in. I don't know about the MPs but the Shore Patrol painted all of their gear white. If it was older I would call it a cavalry holster. It would be convenient for someone who was sitting often whether on a horse or an office chair. I think that pilots and tankers preferred shoulder holsters.

Edit: I just went and looked and the holster is dated 1917 so I will call it a Cavalry holster unless someone speaks up.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

After the war, I remember that the WW2 vets all carried their combat lighters.....one close family vet said that smoking got him through the battles....said he just did his job and then concentrated on the next smoke......
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

In my pocket.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:24 pm
steelbuttplate wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:38 am

It is a good question; I don't know. Maybe someone who does will chime in. I don't know about the MPs but the Shore Patrol painted all of their gear white. If it was older I would call it a cavalry holster. It would be convenient for someone who was sitting often whether on a horse or an office chair. I think that pilots and tankers preferred shoulder holsters.

Edit: I just went and looked and the holster is dated 1917 so I will call it a Cavalry holster unless someone speaks up.
Yea I was thinking the swivel would be handy getting in and out of a jeep all day, but if it's that old, it's cavalry.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"