tighten your belt............

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
tomaustin

tighten your belt............

Post by tomaustin »

keep your tank mostly full...never below 3/4 if possible....

shift your priorities....those $4 stogies are a luxury right now...

oil changes aren't very hard to do yourself....check your vehicle manuals for the correct products.....

layoff the ammo purchases.....

fill up the second car gas tank and park it....use one car....

the panic will start soon....beat 'em to the service station and grocery store......

anybody over 60 has done this before.....
Sonny

Re: tighten your belt............

Post by Sonny »

Friday when the markets closed oil was $115 per barrel. The Asian markets just opened up about an hour ago and oil went up to $125+ :shock:

As for ammo I have lots except for 6.5cm 7mm rem mag and 338win mag, gotta get some more of that and I think ammo will be a precious metal in days to come.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Always stockpiled because shit like this tends to come out of the blue, first Covid, now war in Europe.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Just did some figuring on the price of gas that we pay up here $1.62 CDN per liter.

So $1.62 CDN is worth about $1.26 US dollar.

3.8 liters is one US gallon so we are paying ...

3.8L x $1.26 = $4.78 per US gallon .... ouch! :o

Sure would be nice if my pension kept up with the rate of inflation. :vsad:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I think cola drinks were sold by liters here, I haven't had any of that in years so I am not sure. Never saw gas sold in such small quantities. We are going to fill every available container with fuel, including a clean new 55 gallon drum I have been saving. That's diesel, I am not stockpiling that much gas as the ethanol content has it going to shit pretty quick. Preservatives might keep it for a bit over a year while the diesel and No2 fuel oil will last years and still be usable. Heavy equipment eats that shit up fast.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

It went from 3.85 to $4.19 overnight from a few days ago until day before yesterday. My strategy in the past was to top off regularly. Heck, 1/4 tank cost me $30. I'm hearing rumors of $200+ per barrel is on the way. Really getting difficult to make it with yet another brain dead administration. So now the thought is that they will "sanction" the Russian oil, meaning they will buy a little less yet, not reinvigorate our oil production. Sheer craziness. I'm really glad that I don't do much driving anymore. I feel sorry for the guys who have to drive to work and for the resulting inflationary pressures. We're pretty much screwed.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

qz2026 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:34 am It went from 3.85 to $4.19 overnight from a few days ago until day before yesterday. My strategy in the past was to top off regularly. Heck, 1/4 tank cost me $30. I'm hearing rumors of $200+ per barrel is on the way. Really getting difficult to make it with yet another brain dead administration. So now the thought is that they will "sanction" the Russian oil, meaning they will buy a little less yet, not reinvigorate our oil production. Sheer craziness. I'm really glad that I don't do much driving anymore. I feel sorry for the guys who have to drive to work and for the resulting inflationary pressures. We're pretty much screwed.
Well us folks up here in Alberta were ready to send you 850,000 barrels per day of safe, clean and reliable oil but ....

We needed the Keystone XL pipeline for that. :very mad:
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Sonny wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:33 pm
qz2026 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:34 am It went from 3.85 to $4.19 overnight from a few days ago until day before yesterday. My strategy in the past was to top off regularly. Heck, 1/4 tank cost me $30. I'm hearing rumors of $200+ per barrel is on the way. Really getting difficult to make it with yet another brain dead administration. So now the thought is that they will "sanction" the Russian oil, meaning they will buy a little less yet, not reinvigorate our oil production. Sheer craziness. I'm really glad that I don't do much driving anymore. I feel sorry for the guys who have to drive to work and for the resulting inflationary pressures. We're pretty much screwed.
Well us folks up here in Alberta were ready to send you 850,000 barrels per day of safe, clean and reliable oil but ....

We needed the Keystone XL pipeline for that. :very mad:
Nothing we'd like better. And for Biden to open up our energy sector again. But, we aren't holding our breath... Some consequences of stupidity and I agree. Been thinking of this ever since everyone jumped on the bandwagon to stop importing from Russia. Great idea but whe then have to shore up our end. But, wait, Biden will realease our oil reserves. Can't fix stupid unless this is the intention of these fools :bonk: :bonk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odvXd9_9Epc
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

LOL, that meme is close to being true lately.

Seeing it takes $111.72 to $117.32 to fill up our truck if empty (Not that it ever gets much lower than half a tank).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member