Last gun of 2019...

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
awalker1829

Last gun of 2019...

Post by awalker1829 »

Here’s my final acquisition of 2019:

Got it for under $700 locally. Only thing that appears to be non-OEM is the Redfield front sight. Stock has been sanded, so no cartouches visible. Barrel throat has severe erosion-swallowed the no-go gage and barely passes field. It is a low serial number and as such, the barrel and action were pulled and each subjected to several heavy blows with a steel hammer on various areas. No negative effects were observed, so twenty rounds were put through it-all of them hand loaded at minimum starting loads. Only noticeable result observed was that some of the fired primers were slightly pushed out of the primer pocket on extraction. However, the brass used has been reloaded multiple times and I observed that several primers inserted with minimal resistance, so the primer pockets might not be as tight as they should be. Anyways, this is principally a wall hanger.

Can’t tell if the stock is original to the gun-it has two cross bolts. The barrel appears to be original to the receiver as it is dated 1-10 and the receiver is a low 400 which dates it to 1910.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Last gun of 2019...

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have a 1910 M1903 also, it's a Great War bringhome by a local ( now long passed) veteran. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
dou44

Re: Last gun of 2019...

Post by dou44 »

I got a star bm 9mm at the local show with 2 mags,it is in vg shape .either my computer or card out of camara is acting up because it will not up load the pictures.both are only about 12 years old