lgs report Bastrop Texas

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
locomotiveguy

lgs report Bastrop Texas

Post by locomotiveguy »

Saw one guy with lots of milurp, he had 4 swede carbines for 1k + ea, saw 2 or 3 MN91's, found a visitor with a m1917 Win with a Johonson rebbl, he would have liked $800 I offered $700 he said $750 and I passed then wished I had not and so it goes, tons of high priced stuff, I was looking for a Marlin 357 lever and found one, it was only $1069 what a deal...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: lgs report Bastrop Texas

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Someone at a Florida flea market tried to sell a friend of mine a drilled Finn marked M91/30 Izhevsk 1939 for $300 and not a penny less. He passed on that. Would have been an OK deal if Bubba hadn't gotten to it first.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Someone at a Florida flea market tried to sell a friend of mine a drilled Finn marked M91/30 Izhevsk 1939 for $300 and not a penny less. He passed on that. Would have been an OK deal if Bubba hadn't gotten to it first.
That was me, Jim. Trying to unload a stinker on a Yankee. ;)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SA1911a1 wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Someone at a Florida flea market tried to sell a friend of mine a drilled Finn marked M91/30 Izhevsk 1939 for $300 and not a penny less. He passed on that. Would have been an OK deal if Bubba hadn't gotten to it first.
That was me, Jim. Trying to unload a stinker on a Yankee. ;)
He's from south Florida, not here, his job was to procure me some special cigars, not Bubba milsurps. He did find himself a .38 special on the cheap. I do have a friend of mine down there for a bit taking care of his mom, but he wouldn't know a Mosin if someone smashed him in the face with it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

LGS purchased 5 Jap surplus rifles for $1,800 on Saturday. Two had the bolt dust covers-mismatched numbers on the dust covers, one was complete and all matched numbers and two complete last ditch rifles.

Picked up a .32 Police Positive and traded a Glock 19X for a .38 Police Positive Special in .38 Special. The Special has good bluing. Only damage is one spot on the muzzle that doesn’t affect the crown. Unfortunately the .32 has a cracked forcing cone, so it’s either display only or search for a barrel donor. The shop also has an Eibar revolver with no manufacturers mark in 32-40 for a good price.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Do you mean 32-20? Or 38-40?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

I’ll have to check next time I go by the shop.