Mossberg 44US (d)

Rim Fire Firearms
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Mossberg 44US (d)

Post by bunkysdad »

Well I said I'd post this but I had to do a couple things first. I got this one for 200.00 and I am thinking it was because someone drilled a single hole on top of the barrel and installed a Mossberg rear sight in the middle of the barrel. The problem is they didn't make them that way, so I removed the rear sight and installed the rear mossberg S130 aperture sight like it once had. Got it for a good price on Ebay, and like Cliff (member +dhic) I needed 2 10-32 very short screws to install it. I found the screws at http://www.aperturesnmore.com for 8.00 but before I ordered them I found a source locally at Elliott's Hardware, the hardware store that has everything. Including a selection of gunscrews. Real gunscrews. The 10-32 screw had to be cut is all. I've shot this civilian model (not stamped US PROPERTY) several times already and holy cow these are amazing rifles. I love this rifle every bit as much as I hoped I would, and this one seems to be in excellent condition. The 7 round magazine has a screw in the bottom that allows 22 short ammo to be used, and I'll be danged is I didn't lose that screw already! :(
ImageImageImage

ImageImage
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Mossberg 44US (d)

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
+dhic

Post by +dhic »

Nice looking mod 44. Some of these old 22 will surprise you. Some of them ALMOST make me want to buy
some match ammo to see how well they'll group. I'll post up a little H&R when I get time.
+dhic aka cliff
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice one BD. I have the US model and 4 or 5 other Mossbergs from that era. They are excellent shooters. Havlin Sales has parts for these. For a couple bucks you can get the red and green safety pieces to fill those holes in the stock.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
entropy

Post by entropy »

They group quite well with CCI standard velocity,and even better with Eley Club. Haven't tried Tenex yet.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Very nice, thanks for sharing
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Longcolt44 wrote:Nice one BD. I have the US model and 4 or 5 other Mossbergs from that era. They are excellent shooters. Havlin Sales has parts for these. For a couple bucks you can get the red and green safety pieces to fill those holes in the stock.
I have dealt with Havlin Sales in the past and they are reasonable and quick. Good Luck :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Ed55fl

Post by Ed55fl »

Got Mossberg44 from CMP in like new condition marked US Property for $75 Great shooter one the best 22 I have