Iver Johonson 10mm ported 1911

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
locomotiveguy

Iver Johonson 10mm ported 1911

Post by locomotiveguy »

My fascination with the pistol was the power inherent and ported option. The first thing I did was take a cut off jean cuff and lay both layers of cloth over the port. Shot fired scorched one side and ripped both layers. It has a nice trigger pull but no way to measure it seems less than 4lb.Shooting the piece was totally enjoyable and the accuracy well beyond my eyes (not saying a lot there) at least 3 inches at 25 yards. Fit seems fine except the muzzle bushing could be tighter to the bbl and I thought I would get a polished blue but got a flat mellanite style finish that is not unattractive. The only thing I don't know is where the cases went (tall grass) I need an observer to locate the pile.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Iver Johonson 10mm ported 1911

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
entropy

Post by entropy »

That looks a bit beefier than the Delta Elite a friend in the Army got. The Colt was a bear to shoot, but the extra length and comp system on yours obviously tames it down some. Losing brass isn't good, 10 mm isn't just laying all over like 9 and .40.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

Once I find it the brass it will be put to work. One guy said in his review that the porting removed enough weight to make balance more like a five inch, I agree and muzzle flip is tamed but still present. I have not tried double taps yet that should settle that. I think a couple hundred need to run through it before I see just how accurate it can be.