One I was looking for.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bb91

One I was looking for.

Post by bb91 »

Found this one at a gun show about 2 years ago. Matching numbers on bolt and connector. Not perfect but then most of these are rough.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: One I was looking for.

Post by millman »

One doesn't see those very often.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Thagomizer

Post by Thagomizer »

Well, don't keep us in suspenders,er suspense ! Tell us about it. ;mywink;
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

bb91 wrote:Found this one at a gun show about 2 years ago. Matching numbers on bolt and connector. Not perfect but then most of these are rough.
You almost sound disappointed :chuckles: I'll trade you an M27 with a nicer finish :shifty: :music2.gif:
Mosin Fanboy
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
GT_80

Post by GT_80 »

Looks great to me! I love battle scarred
1935r Izhevsk hex receiver 91/30, serial number 407, laminated stock
1942r Izhevsk round receiver 91/30 re-arsenal "parts built" gun
1944r Izhevsk round receiver M44 very smooth action
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I think thats probably one that most Mosin collectors are looking for, and never find.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

RV27's are tough to find but mine is so much fun to shoot and handles so well I have trouble not thinking everyone ought to have one. One of the lightest Finn triggers I own and very accurate too. One heck of a gun! Bill :D
bb91

Post by bb91 »

Thagomizer wrote:Well, don't keep us in suspenders,er suspense ! Tell us about it. ;mywink;
Picked it up for the price of the average M39. I couldn't pay fast enough. :D
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Need more pictures. Don't make me come further East than I am. :twisted: :twisted:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Longcolt44 wrote:Need more pictures. Don't make me come further East than I am. :twisted: :twisted:
:pointup: :pointup: :pointup:

Yeah, we need a lot more pictures! That rifle deserves a nice centerfold quality shoot! Very nice rifle indeed.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach