1919 Tula M91 Continuation War Finn capture

"Special", rarer, and "hard to find" Mosins

For your browsing pleasure.
racerguy00

1919 Tula M91 Continuation War Finn capture

Post by racerguy00 »

Yesterday I picked up this uncommon M91 at a little local show and was able to get better photos and details today.

The rifle is caked internally in dried cosmolene, I have not doubts it's unfired since import. It is unusual in that it sports the Finn 41 stamp, indicating capture in the Continuation War in '41. This is fairly uncommon on Finn captures in general and not often seen on M91 infantry rifles. The stock is a two piece Finn stock, with the back half being walnut most likely from a Westinghouse rifle, and the front arctic birch. Receiver is 1919 dated, and the front band bears a Central Powers unit or other marking stamped after it's donor rifle was captured in WW1, a neat little detail. The bolt has two scrubbed serial numbers with no replacement matching number. Double SA stamped.

1919 Tulas are difficult to find, and the combination of that and the fairly uncommon markings on this example make it a great addition for me.

Discussion Section

Discussion Section
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.