Lined out MO?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
NLMosin

Lined out MO?

Post by NLMosin »

I bought this Tula recently and I finally got around to looking at it closer. It has the MO marks and second date marks but they are lined out...any ideas what happened? Did this 91/30 go to the Ministry and then get put back into service? I appreciate your thoughts.
tula1930.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by NLMosin on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Lined out MO?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I guess the rifle was transferred to another agency, interesting, I don't recall seeing MO marks struck out before, but then I can't remember a damn thing anyway. Very nice find.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

That Is intereting. How bout more fotos of the whole rifle? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

The rest of the rifle is pretty unremarkable. Its in a post war stock. The bolt as you see has a B stamped on it but other than that its a garden variety stock.
MO1.jpg
MO2.jpg
MO3.jpg
MO4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
People live together.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

The first I've ever seen. :thumbsup:
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Thanks for the link racerguy00. Rare or not, weird or not. I think I'll hang on to that one. 8-)
People live together.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Everything is rare on Refurbs as they are made to little in the way of a set pattern. Just as we are truly not sure of what MO actually and truly means they are not sure of anything on a "normal" refurb. Bill