1925 Tula M91 value

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
rwood1978

1925 Tula M91 value

Post by rwood1978 »

What is a 1925 Tula m91 SA with blued bolt all matching numbers and no import mark worth All the metal is very good but the stock has been cut just after the rear sight. they are asking $200.00
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1925 Tula M91 value

Post by bunkysdad »

If the stock wasn't cut that would be a bargain, but the cut stock drops it down significantly, and replacement stocks are hard to find and expensive often times. For 200 if the steel is all good nd original I might still consider it especially if the price was flexible. Pictures and more specifics would of course help. Good luck.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

The barrel has not been cut?
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
rwood1978

Post by rwood1978 »

No just the stock. It has no barrel bands or handguard
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

You are going to have problems finding a correct stock. Personally, I think I would pass on this one.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Homer2

Post by Homer2 »

Not a lot of people have 20s Tula M91s. A 1926 would be more rare, but 25s aren't real common. If it's real special, 200 is not a rip off, but no bargain either. Offer 125-150 and explain that replacement parts cost a lot. I'm not sure a complete one is worth much more than 300.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I would consider it only if the metal was 100%, add in the cost of bands and the unobtanium handguard.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:pointup: :pointup: :pop: :pop: :pop: I would be tempted cause it is a 25. Are you sure it is a m91 and not a dragoon? :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

rwood1978 wrote:No just the stock. It has no barrel bands or handguard
rwood, I was asking if the barrel had been cut because if it has been shortened this set's back any restoration attempt. The barrel on a Model 91 is something like 30" that seems like a long barrel to have on a sporter rifle so I was guessing the barrel has been shortened.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That's very true, it would look like a goose gun with that long snoot hanging off a sporter stock. Now if it was a Dragoon, with intact barrel, that would be a game changer for me. I'd buy it then.