Original PU, non repro

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Jamjor

Original PU, non repro

Post by Jamjor »

I have a chance to get an apparently non repro PU sniper. Original scope, non electro penciled, everything. This is from a legitimate website. Its for 650 dollars. Is this a good deal?
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Original PU, non repro

Post by Longcolt44 »

For $650.00 Is't most likely not a real original sniper.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bb91

Post by bb91 »

I think I misunderstood the question! Sorry!

$600.00- $650.00 is about the going price for non-reproduction PU snipers unless they're from RGUN's and they run about $800.00

As stated below pic.s would help tell the tale!
Last edited by bb91 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Aircooled

Post by Aircooled »

Post a link and let the guys look it over. The'll be able to advise you better if they can see it and read the discription.
Jamjor

Post by Jamjor »

"WWII Mosin Nagant M91/30 Sniper Rifles in 7.62x54R. Comes with PU scope and mount. Every sample inspected have very good bores, #'s on original scopes match sniper markings on receiver. Overall very good condition, arsenal refinished, NO IMPORT MARKINGS."

That is the description of them.
bb91

Post by bb91 »

Ahh! Now I see, you are in Canada!

We recently saw another rifle from Canada that looked to be the same as the Molot snipers sold here by various distibuters but containing import marks because of the requirements to import them here in the US.

Maybe the rifle that you mention is one of them, we wouldn't really be able to tell without seeing pic.s.

There are some doubts as to the originality of these rifles but it seems that for the most part they were at least assembled using correct parts.

As I stated earlier those rifle are selling here mostly in the $600.00-$650.00 range.

If you look down through a few post you should be able to find the other rifle for comparison.

Good luck.
Last edited by bb91 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jamjor

Post by Jamjor »

Thanks! I think I'm going to get it.. Every other site up here states in the description, reproduction scope. He says its all original. I will ask for pictures, and if it all checks out Im gonna get it.

Is there a specific year I should try and get? Any important markings or anything I should know about?

http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=http:/ ... PTsuGf7ufU

Thats the only picture he has up, but i believe there are multiple rifles.
bb91

Post by bb91 »

Okay I found it, take a look through this post and see if it looks and sounds familiar to you.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9395

Hard to say from that pic. but it looks pretty good.

The rarest rifles of the three main production years are the 1942's so "if" they are legit I would shoot for that year first, mostly that would be a "42" izhevsk as there were more of those than "42" Tula's they are kind of the holy grail.

Otherwise many people prefer the Tula's or ones with rarer or harder to finds scopes.

We certainly hope to see pic.s if you get one and it's the real deal! I bet they'd sell a whole lot faster here without those Import marks!

Good luck!
Jamjor

Post by Jamjor »

Okay so i talked to him, he said theyre original stamped scopes, not electro penciled. He says he got them imported from Russia, i asked for 1942 tula he said none left.. So I guess he HAD some. He said 1942 will be hard to find, maybe he means in his storage, to find me a 1942. If he cant find me an Izhevsk 1942, should I just ask for a 1943?

He says these are refinished original snipers.
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

I don't want to come across the wrong way and ruffle feathers but the sticky at the top of this section of the forum basically says Unless they came from RGUNS, they are probably put together guns, aka fakes. When it comes to the price difference of $200 why not get the one that there is no question of it's provenace ? I have a super small milsurp collection but my cornerstone is my RGUNS sniper. I think the put togethers are priced a little high, the bolt and scopes are not cheap but as far as having a cool shooter to each their own.

I wonder how many RGUNS has left ? I know that's a secret, makes me wonder what an RGUNS sniper will be worth the second RGUNS runs out? Get em while you can, $800 is a lot of cabbage but I bet they jump a hundred or so the second the supply is sold out. :2cents: Like I know anything.... :?
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
Jamjor

Post by Jamjor »

I would spend the money if I lived in the USA. But he says these are original scopes, original rifles, and were refinished in Russia.. Got them straight from Russia. I would imagine Russia would make some kind of fakes too, but I hope its real :D I ordered one today.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Jamjor wrote:I would spend the money if I lived in the USA. But he says these are original scopes, original rifles, and were refinished in Russia.. Got them straight from Russia. I would imagine Russia would make some kind of fakes too, but I hope its real :D I ordered one today.

Well one way or the other they were made/refurbed in Russia. From what I've seen lately the rifle you'll get is from Molot or one of it's partners. There's a few other guys from Canada here that have purchased them. The problem is we don't know if Molot aquired these rifles in complete arsenal refurbed condition as a PU sniper from the military facility they were last in or were assembled by Molot from parts. That goes to the heart of it. Techinically they are not misrepresenting these by saying they were assembled in Russia. They all seem to have correct parts but from a collectors standpoint if Molot or some place other than a military facility put them together this is misleading and not a true arsenally refinished M91/30 PU Sniper. We have no proof one way or the other where they originated and in what condition. I'm not dismissing these rifles, I own a Molot PU, but until we know more about where they came from besides Molot they will always be looked upon with suspicion.
bb91

Post by bb91 »

JoeR wrote:I don't want to come across the wrong way and ruffle feathers but the sticky at the top of this section of the forum basically says Unless they came from RGUNS, they are probably put together guns, aka fakes. When it comes to the price difference of $200 why not get the one that there is no question of it's provenace ? I have a super small milsurp collection but my cornerstone is my RGUNS sniper.
Does RGUNS sell in Canada? :roll:
bb91

Post by bb91 »

Jamjor wrote:I would spend the money if I lived in the USA. But he says these are original scopes, original rifles, and were refinished in Russia.. Got them straight from Russia. I would imagine Russia would make some kind of fakes too, but I hope its real :D I ordered one today.
Cant wait to see it! My WAG is going to be that it's a Molot sniper with out the import marks?
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

bb91 wrote:
JoeR wrote:I don't want to come across the wrong way and ruffle feathers but the sticky at the top of this section of the forum basically says Unless they came from RGUNS, they are probably put together guns, aka fakes. When it comes to the price difference of $200 why not get the one that there is no question of it's provenace ? I have a super small milsurp collection but my cornerstone is my RGUNS sniper.
Does RGUNS sell in Canada? :roll:
No idea, here's a link to RGUNS snipers.

http://www.rguns.net/rifles/rifles-bolt.shtml

Hope this helps.
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

R Guns is a known item, it's been passed by people who know the PU snipers well, otherwise the world of buying a PU sniper is like walking across a minefield blindfolded, step carefully.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lourosko

Post by Lourosko »

Hey guys,
Would you say this is real or a fake?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lourosko

Post by Lourosko »

Hey guys, real or fake?
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

It's a Tulsky import. Last of the original PU sniper imports to the US.
Legit.
https://russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/app.php/page/67

Darryl
Lourosko

Post by Lourosko »

You are 100% correct. I just got it and it looks like a tulsky