My 91/30 roared this morning.

websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

I finally drew blood with a MN today, took a 100 pound 4 pointer at 30 yards. I just finished skinning him and will post pics after a well earned nap. Life is good!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: My 91/30 roared this morning.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You gonna make me hungry :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Cook up the liver :D :D
Freezer gonna be full now :D :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

:clap:
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

As promised, here is a pic of the deer. The 203 grain Silver bear soft point entered the left shoulder, passed into the ribcage, and liquefied the lungs. A piece of the jacket tore through the bottom of the heart, the lead punched thru the diaphragm and came to rest on the liver where I recovered it. Devastating wound... :big shock: He went maybe 30 feet and collapsed in a pile. No tracking this one! :clap: :clap: :clap:

And yes, in my early days I was a no-good dirty Bubba. :redfaced: At least the bolt handle and cocking piece safety ring are the only permanent mods I made to the gun. Shortly after I was shown the error of my ways and sinned no more against mil-surps. :oops:

I will get some close-ups of the non-offensive scope mount posted in a few minutes.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

A tasty looking youngin. Nice shootin :vcool: :vcool:
I bet tri color is jealous :biggrin:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
raflomo

Post by raflomo »

Nice
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Is that a jmeck scope mount?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

ponycarman wrote:Is that a jmeck scope mount?

I had to Google that to see what you were talking about.

No, I built the one in the pics myself. I knew I had seen a pic of one somewhere but didn't realize it was being built for sale. Thanks for the info! :toast:

ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Haha no problem. Thats the style if mount I'm planning on using. Thats why I was curious.

Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

MMM... with cnc capability $92 shouldn't be too hard to beat.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Yeah if made in large quantities. From what I've heard and read about the jmeck mounts, he makes them all in his garage.

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)