VZ-52

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

VZ-52

Post by Jumperwire »

Here is a rifle that I had been looking for, for some time. I finally found her one day along with a Finn M91. If I had been thinking straight I might have bought the M27 sitting there too. :D In any case, here she is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Re: VZ-52

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Cool rifle J, I just chased one on GB but it got away from me. I should have run a little bit harder.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

I had one get away from me as well on GB. I called the store and they wouldn't sell it as a C and R gun. So I passed. BTW I got a better deal on this one anyway. :D
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

Great pics! I've always thought this was such a cool looking rifle. 8-) Can you get ammo for this or is this a hand load only?

How does this shoot?
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Nice! I wonder how many people don't know about the VZ-52, and think its just some sort of wierd SKS?
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

I've got 30 rounds, but I've never shot her. I've been looking for more ammo, but its expensive. I read somewhere about reloading, but I haven't gotton into that, yet.
The first one I ever saw, I thought it was an SKS. :D
DB Cooper23

Post by DB Cooper23 »

I've got a set of dies for mine, but still trying to locate some brass. Read somewhere on line about converting brass to fit this rifle. Still looking into this as the surplus ammo i bought had hangfires. Nice looking VZ.
A Veteran-whether active duty or retired-is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life". That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Izhevsk762 wrote:Nice! I wonder how many people don't know about the VZ-52, and think its just some sort of wierd SKS?
That is what I thought the first one I ever saw in person was. It had that rhino liner on it, so it was hard to tell what the hell it was.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

millman wrote:
Izhevsk762 wrote:Nice! I wonder how many people don't know about the VZ-52, and think its just some sort of wierd SKS?
That is what I thought the first one I ever saw in person was. It had that rhino liner on it, so it was hard to tell what the hell it was.
Yeah me too. I remember a post on the old forum I had about one I saw. Same exact way, Millman.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:Cool rifle J, I just chased one on GB but it got away from me. I should have run a little bit harder.
Forum speak for "I should have paid more". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been there.... Done that.

Cool rifle J! :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Noble Sniper

Post by Noble Sniper »

Very nice piece :)
•"Was there ever a people whose leaders were as truly their enemies as this one?"
- Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

"....from my cold dead hands:
President Charleton Heston

"Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !! "
Dr. Strangelove
Woodbeef

Post by Woodbeef »

Nice loking CZ made Vz52. Is the cleaning kit in the butt?
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Man, I missed a lot in the early days of this forum! Sweet rifle Jumper. As I posted in Woodbeef's thread, I am going to do some reading on these.
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

thanks unfortunly it does not have the cleaning kit
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I missed this one, looks like we got two of them on the board :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

I hunted this one for a while. Now to find a sight hood for it as as well.
Woodbeef

Post by Woodbeef »

Quite a few of the Vz52 are hoodless for some reason. But I've never seen a Vz52/57 missing one.

thedealershowroom.com often has complete cleaning kits,but they sell out fast.
Woodbeef

Post by Woodbeef »

DB Cooper23 wrote:I've got a set of dies for mine, but still trying to locate some brass. Read somewhere on line about converting brass to fit this rifle. Still looking into this as the surplus ammo i bought had hangfires. Nice looking VZ.
You can use 220 Swift or 6.5x53 Carcano brass.

Quite a few of my brass cased 7.62x45 had neck splits when I opened the cardboard boxes I found,no hangfires though.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

very nice rifle, i saw one on gunboards for sale yesterday