Just showin off my early Samco import M59.

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
mberoose

Just showin off my early Samco import M59.

Post by mberoose »

Hey -

My first time back on here in a while...already showed the MO marked Tula 91/30 I got today, might as well post up the SKS I got a couple weeks ago.

This is my early matching numbers Samco import Yugo M59. Probably the nicest condition SKS I've had the pleasure of seeing in person, and I consider myself fortunate to own it. Looks practically unissued. Bore & innards are sparkling. It's a heck of a shooter too, it very much surprised me with its' accuracy. The previous owner actually had the firing pin modification done by Murray's gunsmithing in Texas, presumably to eliminate any potential for slam-fires. No complaints from me.

In all, I got that SKS, and 1,710 rounds of assorted 7.62x39 (including boxes of that supposed steel-core armor-piercing Norinco ammo from the early 90s, and an unopened Chinese spam can) for $550. Couldn't pass it up.

I actually sold the '56 Tula SKS "letter gun" I picked up a couple weeks earlier to fund the purchase of the Yugo. Here's a picture of the Tula (which was in ok shape with no bayonet, and no amount of sight adjusting could get it to stop shooting to the right by a large amount) Not terribly upset by the loss, because my friend has a '54 Tula that's in excellent condition that he said he'd sell to me at any time for $350.

Anyways, thanks for reading. :mrgreen:
WeldonHunter

Re: Just showin off my early Samco import M59.

Post by WeldonHunter »

Couple of nice rifles. I've only shoot my Yugo once so far but it was fairly accurate too. I love military weapons. How could you not. Thanks for posting these. :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Oh yeah, now you're talking. I think this needs to be a SKS weekend at the range. I have a refurbed 51 Tula and a Yugo 59/66 a1. These are amazing shooters. Yours of course is a beauty.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice looking SKS , and I like that ammo stash :) :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
howiebearse

Post by howiebearse »

that is a really clean example of a M59 which actually is a collectors item. if you want to preserve that Chinese spam can take a putty knife that is stiff and use the corner to puncture the back of the can in the center. Then get the edge of the putty knife in the hole you made and with a hammer cut a square large enough to get the ammo out of the bottom. Makes for a nice display piece. Bythe way for your info 550 rd cans are in stripper clips 720 rd cans are in paper bundles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mberoose

Post by mberoose »

howiebearse wrote:that is a really clean example of a M59 which actually is a collectors item. if you want to preserve that Chinese spam can take a putty knife that is stiff and use the corner to puncture the back of the can in the center. Then get the edge of the putty knife in the hole you made and with a hammer cut a square large enough to get the ammo out of the bottom. Makes for a nice display piece. Bythe way for your info 550 rd cans are in stripper clips 720 rd cans are in paper bundles.
Thanks for the info. And here I was looking to buy stripper clips. :lol:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)