Look what my Saiga 12 found.....

Piwo

Look what my Saiga 12 found.....

Post by Piwo »

Got my Saga 12 shotgun (made at Mishmash arsenal, Russia) last Sunday, took it to the range this past Saturday for a 55 shot test run, and then out Coyote hunting Tuesday this week. Got this youngster (last year’s brood) to stop by and say hey! He was doing a classic circling movement, staying out about 80 yards, trotting parallel with the decoy looking at it but not coming any closer. I gave a few impromptu "lip squeaks" (making that exaggerated "kissing" sound) and he turned and ran straight in. Shot once, exactly 30 paces. Dropped to the ground and I didn't even see a twitch! That 3" magnum 4BUCK really packs a wallop. The only bad part of the story was my darn iphone camera was not cooperating and the 4 shots I took were total garbage. This is the only one that's even remotely viewable.
The replacement trigger guard with pistol grip screw, pistol grip and new butt stock are due today in the mail. Because I’ll need to do some drilling and filing I won’t be able to do the conversion this weekend. Commitment to paint some rooms in the house Saturday, and Mother’s Day on Sunday prohibit starting the project. Hopefully the next!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
So how many Divisions does this Pope have? - Josef Stalin

Be yourself: everyone else is already taken...........
ponycarman

Re: Look what my Saiga 12 found.....

Post by ponycarman »

Awesome! I used to have a saiga 12 and it was a blast. I kinda regret trading it off.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

That sounds like it patterned real nice.
And you've got the proof :thumbsup:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Doesn't take long to do the conversion, I did my 7.62x39 one in about four hours and I had to do a bullet guide as well plus file the mag catch for AK mags.
Piwo

Post by Piwo »

mogunner wrote:Doesn't take long to do the conversion, I did my 7.62x39 one in about four hours and I had to do a bullet guide as well plus file the mag catch for AK mags.
Good to know. I've watched the litany of vids on youtube and Carolina shooters Supply. I suspect I'll be fine. Those damn wire's seem to be a challenge for many, expect that will be the tough part providing I've done my homework and have the correct drill bit!

Ya, at 30 yards it was plenty tight pattern, but at 40 at the range it was a bit sporadic. Like many shotguns it could probably use a good choke to tighten things up a touch
So how many Divisions does this Pope have? - Josef Stalin

Be yourself: everyone else is already taken...........
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)