1916 Peter teaser

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
desdem12

1916 Peter teaser

Post by desdem12 »

Here is a fair Peter the Great M91. I got it for a decent price and it should clean up alot better. The bore is really dirty but i can see lots of rifleing in there.
This one qualifies for Steves 42 refurb budget :lol: Too bad the markings aren't a little sharper though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1916 Peter teaser

Post by bunkysdad »

Nice. You did good here on this one. A good cleaning and oiling snd it's gonna be great. :)
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

$ 129.00 For THAT? Why THAT there is a sure $130.00 gun all day long!!!
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

It does have about $10 worth of dirt in it too. :lol: But actually it was $129.99 + tax= about $140 OTD. :biggrin:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Drago

Post by Drago »

I looked at the title of this thread and wondered if it should go into the NSFW section...A rifle like that for that price IS a peter teaser though!
The Feral Machinist

Post by The Feral Machinist »

Sweet vintage M91!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm glad someone else stole a M91 along with me for such a good price! I'd almost feel bad haggling the seller on the price of that one!
I love JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR!
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

In the spirit of this thread's title...
SCHWINGGGG!!!! :udaman:

Very nice find and SUPER price. 1916, too. A nice round WWI year.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Way to go Brad. What a deal.

Do you see any Serbian or Bulgarian markings?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Not yet Steve. I have it oiled up and am removing rust and am waiting for it to penetrate the barrel bands so i can take it down. I see no finn or any other marks but it has the eagle ground i believe. I saw this and said ehhh. If the price is not to high i will buy it i guess, its just a rusty 91/30. So it got the normal mosin price as always. :lol: The sling is a nice extra i thought. :biggrin:
dou44

Post by dou44 »

i feel so bad that you got took on it ,so i will give you $150 for it and pay the shipping also. :thumbsup:
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

You guys use "Balistol?" I used that stuff for everything. I find charcoal lighting fluid is great for degunking, the stuff from ACE works just as good as the higher priced Kingsford, :thumbsup: course you can also count on Breakfree and Gun Scrubber to do their part.........my work bench now is a hazmat problem :chuckles:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Nice!

Looks like a fairly typical balkans import M91. As long as the bore is shootable you got a god deal.
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Not bad at all, looks like my Balkan rifles, remember to check the fingergroove and buttstock for Bulgarian pinecone stamps.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

:udaman:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Nice find Brad...now I want to see pics of it cleaned up so that I know you at least had to do a little work to get it. :D
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Celt

Post by Celt »

Beautiful rifle!Niiiiice! :thumbsup: :Drool1: :pointup:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Nice find Brad...now I want to see pics of it cleaned up so that I know you at least had to do a little work to get it.
I have been at it off n on all day today. I have the bolt apart and the hand guard came off fairly easy and it did not look to bad under it. I still have it in the main stock though and have been getting the rust off the top. Pics will follow if i remember. :lol:
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

desdem12 wrote:[ Pics will follow if i remember. :lol:
:pointup: OOhh NNoo, that's not nice. Not at all.

Very nice rifle by the way, :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to the photos :lol:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

It looks like the typical Balkans import. These came in originally at $59 or less and you guys are killing me that I didn't buy and hold more of them. Now the sling is what is catching my eye! That is all leather right? That looks most interesting! The bores on those are usually well worn but salvageable with a counter bore. These days that is a great price and about what I unloaded mine at. One end of the recoil lug looks to be sticking out a bit or that could be the effect of the angle of the photo? Make sure you seat that against the wood solid or it could crack the stock when you shoot it. Congrats for sure! Bill :wink: