My M24's

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

My M24's

Post by Jumperwire »

Here is a comparison of my M24's. All have the "Stepped Barrel" and IIRC that is common. Finding one w/o the stepped barrel would be a gem. :geek: My understanding is that the Stepped barrel was a heavier barrel. Not sure if that is true, just what I tend to think I read. :mrgreen: Not the different Stock features, Sling slots, sights and even the rivets on the hand guard :ugeek: :ugeek: I was ecstatic when I found my first one. The Second one, threw me for a loop, but the third one came when I was out of a job and was on my way to pick up a Sestroryetsk M91, I couldn't pass up when low and behold another one. :biggrin: :biggrin:
P.S. never hid your good luck charm in your......................er never mind. Don't want to be telling where I keep that thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My M24's

Post by Jumperwire »

OH I've seen a bunch of girls making a big deal about balancing a broom on the kitchen floor? Not sure what that is all about, but here is my manly version of that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Very nice set you have there Jumper. :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: I will be heading out tomorrow to find my horseshoe and a M24,27,28,28-30. (you lucky :devil2: you)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

I need a lucky horseshoe too. Very nice, Jumperwire!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Is that pink chalk being used as a markings highlighter ? :lol: Nice collection, and balancing act :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Great bunch Jump. I don't have a horseshoe or 4 leaf clover but even a blind pig finds a nut sometimes.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Longcolt44 wrote:Great bunch Jump. I don't have a horseshoe or 4 leaf clover but even a blind pig finds a nut sometimes.
Yes it does my friend. 8-) 8-)

JYD, When you have kids, you take whatever color chalk you can find. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Tom & Des :D I've been fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. Although, I have passed on a couple and lost out. :angry4: Now it's buy now, and figure out what to do later. :lol: One day, I have the feeling that I am going to bite off more than I can chew and end up putting my new finds on GB. :vsad:
dou44

Post by dou44 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup: what can i say :Drool1:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

"One day, I have the feeling that I am going to bite off more than I can chew and end up putting my new finds on GB."

Aaaahhh, excuse me, don't forget your ole' buddy LC first :pointup:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

:lol: :lol: :lol: OK I won't. but I always have this fear of running into a shop and seeing 10 or 12 Finns for $100 each.
I guess you guys are good enough friends to help a guy out, when his buying power exceeds his wits. :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Beautiful........really beautiful. (now I know what a stepped bbl is) Thanks.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Flyin Brian

Post by Flyin Brian »

Very Nice threesome you have there J-dub. I'd be proud as hell to have any of those in my safe :)

I notice one is SIG stamped, those are less common than the Bohler-Stahl, so when I see those I always buy them, no matter what!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

These are nice rifles, and nice pictures too. Good to have the close ups to see the features of the rifle you will sell me some day!
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

:Drool1: Very nice :thumbsup:

Can I just borrow the horseshoe for a week or two, I'll give it back :chuckles: , do you have the one off the other foot,,, somewhere, just by any chance :lol:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
shmlnaaa

Post by shmlnaaa »

Nice set Juperwire! You are correct, the stepped barrels are heavier. Pick up one of your M24's and then one of your normal M91's, you'll feel a difference.
Flyin Brian wrote:Very Nice threesome you have there J-dub. I'd be proud as hell to have any of those in my safe :)

I notice one is SIG stamped, those are less common than the Bohler-Stahl, so when I see those I always buy them, no matter what!!
I get the impression they are a good deal less common, and the straight barrel versions are a degree uncommon further. I have yet to come across anything other than a Bohler-Stahl myself, and believe me, I'm looking.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:"One day, I have the feeling that I am going to bite off more than I can chew and end up putting my new finds on GB."

Aaaahhh, excuse me, don't forget your ole' buddy LC first :pointup:
Yeah... Give us first dibs please!

A very sweet trio you have there... I still haven't got one yet!

Thanks for sharing. 8-) 8-) 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Flyin Brian

Post by Flyin Brian »

shmlnaaa wrote:Nice set Juperwire! You are correct, the stepped barrels are heavier. Pick up one of your M24's and then one of your normal M91's, you'll feel a difference.
Flyin Brian wrote:Very Nice threesome you have there J-dub. I'd be proud as hell to have any of those in my safe :)

I get the impression they are a good deal less common, and the straight barrel versions are a degree uncommon further. I have yet to come across anything other than a Bohler-Stahl myself, and believe me, I'm looking.
I don't remember the exact numbers but I think it was only like the first 1,500 barrels of the 8,000 ordered from SIG that were the original M91 specs and then they switched to the heavy barrel design, so yeah not many of those around :)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I must have missed the third one. Holy Crap!
" I swear Honey, these M24's are really rare." :rolling:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Yeah it was a big shock to me as well. I was sitting in a Taco Bell, waiting for my Sestroryetsk M91 to be delivered and so I walked into this Pawn Shop............. :roll: :roll: :roll: You know the rest of the story. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

I respect the hell out of any man that can teach a century old battle weapon to stand up and beg! Next, you need to teach it to get you a beer out of the fridge :mrgreen:

Seriously, that is one amazing collection. You've done well Jumper and I can't help but drool!

I never fail to be impressed on this forum :thumbsup:
Last edited by MN Fan on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...