Hospitalization

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
ffuries

Hospitalization

Post by ffuries »

Well went to the ER via ambulance around 1200 today. Been pumped full of meds to stabilize my heart, if it doesn't work, then they'll shock (Cardiovert) my heart back into a normal rhythm.

Still in the ER section, but will be moving to a room for an overnight stay at some point. Plus I haven't eaten since dinner yesterday, boy am I hungry.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hospitalization

Post by millman »

Hang in there brother.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Heart went normal before having to be shocked. They moved me upstairs to ICU and I went right back into AFlutter. They are going to do the meds again to stabilize me until morning and probably end up getting shocked then.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I hope things are improving, that shocking thing sounds painful. :shock: Is food being withheld from you for a medical reason? You know we are all pulling for you, have a swift recovery .
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Hang in there, Mike. We care about you.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Out of AFlutter finally, and had a pretty uneventful night. Once everything settled down.

Sneezing early yesterday evening put me back into AFlutter, plus walking from the ER bed (Which they transported me on from the ER to ICU) to the CVICU bed around 2200 caused me to go into AFlutter.

Saw one of my Cardiology Nurses a few minutes ago, and my actual Cardiologist is doing the rounds today which is good.

My Cardio Nurse, feels there is a good chance I could go home tonight. And a high chance I will be scheduled for another Cardiac Ablation in the near future.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good to hear there has been improvement, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Hell the Cardiologist hasn't shown yet and it 2030 hrs local. Finally sent the wife home, told her I'll call her tomorrow. Told the nurses that either I get seen early tomorrow, or I'll sign out AMA (Against medical advice) at 1200 hrs.

Not going to sit here all day tomorrow with the hope a doc shows up and reviews records and decides who stays and who goes.

I've been out of A Flutter and A Fib since early this morning. Cardiac wise there is nothing to hold me on. That is why I'm so damn frustrated and trying hard to keep my cool with the nurses as it's not their fault.

This frustration is going to cause another Cardiac event with my luck.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Well we just walked into the house, tue doc showed up and cleared me to go home.

I will be scheduled for another Cardiac Ablation sometime in the next few weeks.

I'm off to bed, without needles, and cables and such trying to strangle me.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Maybe they couldn't reach him at the golf course. At least you are back in your own home and not in the hospital. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Hang in there. They will get you "right" (or close).

I have A Fib and so did my Dad and his Father. They did nothing for my Dad and Grandfather and, my Grandfather lived to 92.
I'm 71 and they give me blood thinners. But, I have skip beat every so often. Sometimes as much as ever 5 beats. But that is rare.

Hang in there!!! ;mywink;

Darryl
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

How goes the recovery?
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:35 pm How goes the recovery?
Been tired the last few days, not pushing myself in any way, not that CINC Household will allow it. Still getting the light headed/dizzy spells every so often and it's aggravating, don't know if it's related to cardiac issues, or something entirely separate.

Waiting for them to call to set me up with the pre-op consult and surgery date. He specifically stated he wants to do the procedure within the next 21 days.

Every so often I can feel my heart beat take a stumble and I get a hard beat. Basically meaning every so often I get an Atrial Flutter, but it's not a sustained thing which is good. Since I only started the new med yesterday, it might take a few days for it to start working and getting my heart in line.

So basically chilling out, relaxing, taking it easy, waiting for them to call me and to go under the knife again.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Hopefully the surgery will get you back to some semblance of normalcy or close to it. It sounds like you will have a long road to recovery. I have been reading your posts with concern for you and your health. Here's hoping you get well real soon. TJ.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Mike, do they do the proceedure with catherization or do they have to open you up?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:22 pm Mike, do they do the proceedure with catherization or do they have to open you up?
Catheterization, when I had my first one done they went in through both sides of my groin and through my left wrist. Then up to six hours on my back after they are done, to make sure the plug/stitch in the femoral arteries take.

Before we schedule the procedure, I'm going to let the doc know they have to either doped the hell out of me, or knock me out as soon as we enter the OR, or it won't happen. I can't handle laying on the table for an hour again as they prep me and the room.

The last time I started having an anxiety/panic attack which was something entirely new and weird for me. But being strapped down, a cath inserted into my left wrist then my arm/wrist strapped down. Then with them moving equipment around, putting the curtain up around my head, doing dry runs etc all before the doc came in. Then he chatted with me, before he told them to put me under. Not a fun way to spend an hour.

I can only guess it would be akin to being strapped down on the table before getting a lethal injection.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

tjtM38 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:01 pm Hopefully the surgery will get you back to some semblance of normalcy or close to it. It sounds like you will have a long road to recovery. I have been reading your posts with concern for you and your health. Here's hoping you get well real soon. TJ.
Thank you very much, and your words are greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to feel good enough that within a few weeks I can make it out to the range and sling lead.

Might be just pistols and ARs in the beginning, but at least it'll be fun and make me feel normal again. Then after I completely heal, I can get back to shooting the real guns.

This tired, exhausted feeling, with an irregular heartbeat thrown in sucks.....
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

ffuries wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:21 pm
SA1911a1 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:22 pm Mike, do they do the proceedure with catherization or do they have to open you up?
Catheterization, when I had my first one done they went in through both sides of my groin and through my left wrist. Then up to six hours on my back after they are done, to make sure the plug/stitch in the femoral arteries take.

Before we schedule the procedure, I'm going to let the doc know they have to either doped the hell out of me, or knock me out as soon as we enter the OR, or it won't happen. I can't handle laying on the table for an hour again as they prep me and the room.

The last time I started having an anxiety/panic attack which was something entirely new and weird for me. But being strapped down, a cath inserted into my left wrist then my arm/wrist strapped down. Then with them moving equipment around, putting the curtain up around my head, doing dry runs etc all before the doc came in. Then he chatted with me, before he told them to put me under. Not a fun way to spend an hour.

I can only guess it would be akin to being strapped down on the table before getting a lethal injection.
I had a heart cath to put in some stents several years ago and with the drugs they gave me prior to the proceedure, I either didn't know or didn't care what they were doing, I remember a "rush" and waking up. They went in my wrist with the cath, it was a little sore for a couple of days and that was it, except that I had more energy afterwords.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum