Salty M38

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
collector 30 or 60

Salty M38

Post by collector 30 or 60 »

Further to the topic I started on "Refurbs / Foreign Aid Rifles", I thought I'd show the M38 that sparked my questions. I've owned this rifle for about 30 years, and being Canadian, there are no import marks. It is a 1944 M38 that has been refurbished by the Soviets, but clearly saw some heavy use somewhere after that. The sling and collars were on it when I purchased it. To me, the overall salty look really gives it some "been there done that" character. I hope you enjoy the pics, and if anyone has thoughts on it's post WW2 usage, please share.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SA1911a1

Re: Salty M38

Post by SA1911a1 »

Very nice rifle.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

That is a very good looking rifle you have.
Congratulations.

Darryl
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
collector 30 or 60

Post by collector 30 or 60 »

Thanks for the kinds words....and emojis!